Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    With prices where they are, possible it and '05 are headed to the block, not sure yet.
    A 14/15 Z28 is looking good.
    What it very expensive to redo your engine ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    What it very expensive to redo your engine ?

All motors are expensive to work on these days. Having custom work is even more expensive.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    All motors are expensive to work on these days. Having custom work is even more expensive.
    Depends on your version of expensive. A friend of mine got his motor re-done for 2k but it was a 427 and he provided all the parts.

If I wanted to redo my motor with forged internals what would I look at ? 5-6k parts abs labour ?

You'd be best to call machine shop of choice n speak with them.

You'd be best to call machine shop of choice n speak with them.
    100%

Price will rise abruptly depending on what your doing, perf cams on a 4v build = 2k +. I'm also going with all new chains, guides, tensioners, lash adjusters, followers etc replaced on top of valve seats , couple new valves and heads machined. Bottom end needs nothing but doing oil pump as matter of maint. If it had been hurt, would have moved the rotating assembly over to the Teksid block I've had tucked away downstairs. While it would have been cool to take that much wt off nose of the car, could not justify replacing a mint short for another one the same but only lighter.

Home Depot on Sunday picking up a few supplies..................cool how so many were in there with every freaking member of their family using it as a park to stroll through and congregate in numbers to chat blocking the isles making social distancing impossible. No not talking about one or two groups.

Club Supporter
    Home Depot on Sunday picking up a few supplies..................cool how so many were in there with every freaking member of their family using it as a park to stroll through and congregate in numbers to chat blocking the isles making social distancing impossible. No not talking about one or two groups.
    I had the same thought while I was at a local grocery on the weekend - people standing in the middle of the walkway/aisle even though they're not being served (waiting for their number to be called to the meat/deli counter). The area is a main throughway to the other side of the store so you'd think they have the situational awareness to stand back until they are called/being served versus having people walking through navigating around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Depends on your version of expensive. A friend of mine got his motor re-done for 2k but it was a 427 and he provided all the parts.

If I wanted to redo my motor with forged internals what would I look at ? 5-6k parts abs labour ?

I was pricing out 500 hp on a 302 iron block bottom to top with machine work I figured it may be around 11,000 maybe close to 15,000 if I add a four bolt main 302 block (no boost)- for about 15,ooo I think you can purchase a new coyote and harness but then need some fabrication....I don't think there's a cheap way to make hp....they got ya either way!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Ram, winters tires are off plus fresh oil and filter change...................bring on the summer trailering weather.