Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbriann View Post
    On Sunday im drive my stang to my mother's that lives alone an hour away, as do i and legal as we both live alone. Using up winter fuel and gave bunch stuff to legitimately have to do for her like drop off grocery, retorque tires, install window air conditioning etc...still nervous as hell getting pulled over...like $750 ticket if the wish...but im legal...

To me, your 100% ok driving to your Mom's but in interest of not being hassled daily driver might be prudent.

In spite of no stops, no contact, no one put at risk, evening cruises are now a no go.

Club Supporter
    https://files.ontario.ca/solgen_oreg...2021-04-07.pdf

ONTARIO REGULATION
    made under the
    [Bilingual]
    REG2021.0358.e
    EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND CIVIL PROTECTION ACT
    STAY-AT-HOME ORDER
    Terms of Order
    1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1.
    Application
    2. This Order applies as of 12:01 a.m. on April 8, 2021.
    SCHEDULE 1
    Requirement to remain in residence
    1. (1) Every individual shall remain at the residence at which they are currently residing at
    all times unless leaving their residence is necessary for one or more of the following purposes:
    Work, school and child care
    1. Working or volunteering where the nature of the work or volunteering requires the
    individual to leave their residence, including when the individual's employer has
    dete1mined thatthe nature of the individual's work
    requires attendance at the ·
    workplace.
    2. Attending school or a post-secondary institution.
    3. Attending, obtaining or providing child care.
    4. Receiving or providing training or educational services.
    Obtaining goods and services
    5. Obtaining food, beverages and personal care items.
    6. Obtaining goods or services that are necessa1y for the health or safety of an
    individual, including vaccinations, other health care services and medications.
    7. Obtaining goods, obtaining services, or performing such activities as are necessaiy for
    landscaping, gardening and the safe operation, maintenance and sanitation of
    households, businesses, means of transportation or other places.
    8. Purchasing or picking up goods through an alternative method of sale, such as
    curbside pickup, from a business or place that is permitted to provide the alternative
    method of sale.
    9. Attending an appointment at a business or place that is permitted to be open by
    appointment only.
    10. Obtaining services from a financial institution or cheque cashing service.
    11. Obtaining government services, social services and supports, mental health support
    services or addictions support services.
    Assisting others
    12. Delivering goods or providing care or other support or assistance to an individual who
    requires support or assistance, or receiving such support or assistance, including,
    i. providing care for an individual in a congregate care setting, and
    ii. accompanying an individual who requires assistance leaving their residence
    for any purpose permitted under this Order.
    13. Taking a child to the child's pai·ent or guai·dian or to the pai·ent or guardian's
    residence.
    14. Taking a member of the individual's household to any place the member of the
    · household is permitted to go under-this Order.· ·
    Health, safety and legal purposes
    15. Doing anything that is necessaiy to respond to or avoid an imminent risk to the health
    or safety of an individual, including,
    i. protecting oneself or others :from domestic violence,
    ii. leaving or assisting someone in leaving unsafe living conditions, and
    iii. seeking emergency assistance.
    16. Exercising, including,
    1. walking or moving around outdoors using an assistive mobility device, or
    11. using an outdoor recreational amenity that is permitted to be open.
    17. Attending a place as required by law or in relation to the administration of justice.
    18. Exercising an Aboriginal or treaty right as recognized and affirmed by section 35 of
    the Constitution Act, 1982.
    Multiple residences and moving
    19. Travelling to another residence of the individual if,
    . 1. the individual intends to be at the :residence for less than 24 hours and is
    attending for one of the purposes set out in this Order, or
    ii. the individual intends to reside at the residence for at least 14 days.
    20. Travelling between the homes of parents, guardians or caregivers, if the individual is
    under their care.
    21. Making arrangements to purchase or sell a residence or to begin or end a residential
    lease.
    22. Moving residences.
    Travel
    23. Travelling to an airport, bus station or train station for the purpose of travelling to a
    destination that is outside of the Province.
    Gatherings
    .... 24. .Attending a.gathering for the purpose of.a wedding, a funeral or a religious service,.
    rite or ceremony that is permitted by law or making necessary arrangements for the
    purpose of such a gathering.
    25. If the individual lives alone, gathering with the members of a single household.
    Animals
    26. Obtaining goods or services that are necessary for the health or safety of an animal,
    including obtaining veterinary services.
    27. Obtaining animal food or supplies.
    28. Doing anything that is necessaiy to respond to or avoid an imminent risk to the health
    or safety of an animal, including protecting an animal from suffering abuse.
    29. Wal king or otherwise exercising an animal.
    (2) Despite subsection (1 ), no person shall attend a business or place that is required by law
    to be closed, except to the extent that temporaiy access to the closed business or place is
    permitted by law.
    (3) This Order does not apply to individuals who ai·e homeless.
    (4) If this Order allows an individual to leave their residence to go to a place, it also
    authorizes them to return to their residence from that place.
    (5)' The requirement in subsection (1) to remain at an individual's residence does not
    prevent the individual from accessing outdoor parts of their residence, such as a backyard, or
    accessing indoor or outdoor common areas of the communal residences in which they reside that
    are open, including lobbies.
    (6) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order petmits a business or place to be open if it is
    required by law to be closed.
    (7) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order permits an individual to gather with other
    individuals if the gathering is not permitted by law.
    (8) For greater certainty, individuals may only attend an outdoor organized public event or
    social gathering for a purpose set out in subsection (1) if the event or gathering is permitted by
    law

If people would all get on board the same ship, we'd already be done with this covid already.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

For sure, virus has a short life span if not passed along.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    If people would all get on board the same ship, we'd already be done with this covid already.
    I'm torn on this on one hand i want all the city people that have been driving back and forth threw all this to either just stay the fuck in the city or go to their cottage quarantine for the two weeks and then stay there, driving back and forth is idiotic.

on the other hand I've looked at the statistics and EVERY place in the world world that locked down but didn't close boarders and has failed at distributing vaccines is seeing a huge third wave. all the places that did not lock down had more spread of the original virus and are getting hit less hard by the variances even if they don't have a strong vaccine roll out. the stats don't lie, that's the governments job.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I'm torn on this on one hand i want all the city people that have been driving back and forth threw all this to either just stay the fuck in the city or go to their cottage quarantine for the two weeks and then stay there, driving back and forth is idiotic.

on the other hand I've looked at the statistics and EVERY place in the world world that locked down but didn't close boarders and has failed at distributing vaccines is seeing a huge third wave. all the places that did not lock down had more spread of the original virus and are getting hit less hard by the variances even if they don't have a strong vaccine roll out. the stats don't lie, that's the governments job.
    Doesn't matter what you think or what I think. If we don't come together and do the same thing, as one, we will never ever kick it, no matter what we do.
    We can't have half the population doing 1 thing, and the other's going... "no thanks, i'mma keep doing my own thing."

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I've looked at the statistics and EVERY place in the world world that locked down but didn't close boarders and has failed at distributing vaccines is seeing a huge third wave.
    I clearly haven’t looked at as many statistics as you have, but I haven’t caught so much as a cold, let alone a flu over the last year and a half (that’s a first). So, at least in my case, washing hands, masks, and staying the F* away from people has worked.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    I clearly haven’t looked at as many statistics as you have, but I haven’t caught so much as a cold, let alone a flu over the last year and a half (that’s a first). So, at least in my case, washing hands, masks, and staying the F* away from people has worked.
    unfortunately you cant take one persons experience and call it a success.

you have to consider all factors. even if it saved lives from Covid but caused bankruptcy's and increase in deaths from other means then its not a success.

the problem now is the variances are more deadly to a younger population, a populations that had extremely low risk to the original virus. the lockdowns are a direct cause for people dyeing now that if they would have been sick last year but would not be dead.

there are already experts warning about what your saying. it may seem like a good thing that you have not had so much as a cold this year, but every year colds and flu's adapt and change you immune system constantly upgrades and changes so adapt to them. if you remove that steady adaption your now at risk of catching something that has changed so much your body doesn't recognize it. be prepared to be sicker in the near future than you ever have before.

this is the well know science that our "experts" are ignoring.

Well, I’m going to get on with my day before this thread gets locked. It’s my favourite thread because of the thread author.
    -Don____________