Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Hydraulic tensioners?

bad chain or bad tensioner hopefully not an oil pressure issue.

my wife stripped a timing belt on her first car, early VW passat. zero clearance motor. it was all kinds of fucked. 120 down the highway when it popped. she managed to bend every valve and both cams. valves would not even come out of the heads and every piston was buggered.

hope luck is with you

Plastic tensioners in these mod motors are a disaster looking for a place to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Plastic tensioners in these mod motors are a disaster looking for a place to happen.
    Is this a 3 valve? Or a 5.0?

Only mod tensioners I’ve messed with were the cobra ones I put in the old 5.4. Swear they were metal but I drink a lot so..... lol

Harley has a similar common issue of tensioners failing. Also plastic if I recall

Bean counters strike again.

Well they had a huge car meet/rally in Pickering today, Ricer’s reving the shit out of their motors and doing smoke shows. I hear a huge fight broke out, not sure if it happened. Assholes left one hell of a mess in 3-4 parking lots. Thanks for fucking my city assholes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

Only mod tensioners I’ve messed with were the cobra ones I put in the old 5.4. Swear they were metal but I drink a lot so..... lol

Harley has a similar common issue of tensioners failing. Also plastic if I recall

Happened in my 2 valve. Plastics tensioner. But something lifted or shifted for sure. Smashed out one of my plugs

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

Older 2v / 4v tensioners, iron n pretty reliable, switch to plastic housing later changed all that.
    Set out of my 04 Cobra, pooched and looking to fail. Just did set in '03 Mach, one failing. Ross's engine has only few thousand kms on it, chain noise on cold start, new set of iron here to install (original out of '03 Explorer).

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Well they had a huge car meet/rally in Pickering today, Ricer’s reving the shit out of their motors and doing smoke shows. I hear a huge fight broke out, not sure if it happened. Assholes left one hell of a mess in 3-4 parking lots. Thanks for fucking my city assholes.

Facebook chatter says there was a fatality related to this meet, crashes, fights and some mob mentality justice. Thanks for adding to the already high heat the car scene is getting. Fucking morons (and that’s an insult to morons)

I saw instagram posts about that meet. I don't understand how that doesn't get shut down asap.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Doctor ZR and doctor zippy diagnosed a chain jump. My heart is broken

Huge opportunity here TBH. You disliked the car a lot in its previous form, now is the time to rebuild fresh with the right parts installed by the right people. A freshened up motor, with a properly set up and tuned blower will make you fall head over heals in love with the ride again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Huge opportunity here TBH. You disliked the car a lot in its previous form, now is the time to rebuild fresh with the right parts installed by the right people. A freshened up motor, with a properly set up and tuned blower will make you fall head over heals in love with the ride again.
    That’s the plan now man. Any suggestions ?

I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks