Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I find all 8 - 9 - 10 spd tranny's a little weird found it in the F150 as well right down to the caravan - it may just need to learn driver habits and break in - I would think there are some safety measures built in (i'm no software guy) - the F150 seems to be much better shifting now than when I first purchased it - caravan still weird and bogs a bit into third if the r's are low - but keeping the foot in it a bit it shifts fine... other people complained to me the tranny will shift itself if it feels the r's are too high in manual mode...
    Ram 1500, shifting on my Hemi 8 spd is just this side of perfect driven easy, firm or trailer on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Ram 1500, shifting on my Hemi 8 spd is just this side of perfect driven easy, firm or trailer on the back.
    mines working good now on the F even with the horse trailer - in the beginning it was a little clunky in spots at times now she's good - I like how it downshifts coming down the big hill on Hwy 10 keeps the speeds even so no braking - the High Commander will be out towing today I think its here F now...lol maybe I have to start looking again for a new 6 spd. car...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

This is a rant so if you don't wanna read my bitching feel free to skip this post. Feeling "really" burned out on the car hobby/life in general right now. Looking at cars/mods used to be my wind down/relaxation time to put me in a better mood or just decompress from the day. That in addition to doing projects/reno's around the house. But lately cannot for the life of me get in to either. Cars to be honest bum me out as the prices of what used to be my "attainable" dream cars are all at levels that I just won't even be able to get in to them. C6Z's suddenly went from high 30s low 40s to over 50 for the same car. 996TT's went from same range to up in the 70's/80's. Mk4 Supras went from 40k to 70k to now well over 100k for a LHD turbo model and 20k to 60k for a RHD one. Just used to feel like one day I'd be able to make the jump to something like that, now it all feels unattainable. That with I've basically hit the end of the road for what I'm probably going to modify on my current car has me just kinda stagnating in the hobby. That and with housing prices in my area seemingly doubling and tripling overnight just feel like overall I'm where I'm "gonna be" for seemingly the long haul.

Shitty bitching I know but felt like I need to document it somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    This is a rant so if you don't wanna read my bitching feel free to skip this post. Feeling "really" burned out on the car hobby/life in general right now. Looking at cars/mods used to be my wind down/relaxation time to put me in a better mood or just decompress from the day. That in addition to doing projects/reno's around the house. But lately cannot for the life of me get in to either. Cars to be honest bum me out as the prices of what used to be my "attainable" dream cars are all at levels that I just won't even be able to get in to them. C6Z's suddenly went from high 30s low 40s to over 50 for the same car. 996TT's went from same range to up in the 70's/80's. Mk4 Supras went from 40k to 70k to now well over 100k for a LHD turbo model and 20k to 60k for a RHD one. Just used to feel like one day I'd be able to make the jump to something like that, now it all feels unattainable. That with I've basically hit the end of the road for what I'm probably going to modify on my current car has me just kinda stagnating in the hobby. That and with housing prices in my area seemingly doubling and tripling overnight just feel like overall I'm where I'm "gonna be" for seemingly the long haul.

Shitty bitching I know but felt like I need to document it somewhere.
    Believe me when I say it’s not just you man. Hang in there buddy. Do what I do, have a beer, shine her up and make some BBQ and have a laugh, then before bed push the wife around lol it will keep you sane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

I guess it helps that I was never under any delusion of ever owning any of my dream cars. But I hear ya about losing motivation. I have the same hobbies: wrenching on cars and doing house reno projects. Eventually, I want to add BBQ and brewing to my list of hobbies, but too busy (see above) hobbies.
    -Don____________

its just absurd what stuff is going for right now. from new right down to something that needs 10K and hundreds of hours to even make it drivable. I too was feeling close to obtaining a reasonable dream car. looking at the pricing today had me say F that! getting to the point where its spitting distance to the boat I want.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    13K car that looks like an absolute virgin / never been stepped on.
    That's what she said.....

Popped my speed camera cherry boys. 65 in a 50.. $105. Sweet!!!
    '88 LX

I think peeps in general are feeling the stress of the last 18+ months, hoping for better days but lil fuzzy on my focus here as well.

Well I drive my dream car so I’m good. Now as for buying a house. Who the hell wants to be a first time home buyer with the market these days.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx