Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    The lightning to the north east of Bolton is incredible. It’s like someone is turning the lights on and off above the clouds. One second darkness the next second daylight. And no thunder, which is kinda weird.
    Sitting in it now - pouring cats and dogs also tornado warnings - north’s west tho
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    I've been avoiding bring up the new changes because it makes me rage a lot, but honestly the way its written it seems like Autocross or certain other performance driving events that occur on private property are now risky without written permission from the Gesta.....authorities. Another nail in the coffin for the hobby honestly. I'm all for clamping down on idiots doing "street takeover" style non-sense but to make it where throwing a few donuts in an empty parking lot is now a cardinal sin, feels like the walls closing in.
    From a liability perspective, wasn't this always the case? Not sure but I think it would have been - organizers doing this without insurance/police ok would have been taking liability risks?

I've been avoiding bring up the new changes because it makes me rage a lot, but honestly the way its written it seems like Autocross or certain other performance driving events that occur on private property are now risky without written permission from the Gesta.....authorities. Another nail in the coffin for the hobby honestly. I'm all for clamping down on idiots doing "street takeover" style non-sense but to make it where throwing a few donuts in an empty parking lot is now a cardinal sin, feels like the walls closing in.
    Walls closing in, for sure it feels like that especially since we are in the midst of one of the most stressful events we are likely to see in most if not all of our lifetimes. On road enforcement of peeps driving like absolute assholes is zero or damm close to it but yet we see bullshit speed trap after bullshit speed trap in speed transition zones and down hills. In my eyes, thats road side taxation and nothing more. If just once the powers to be actually addressed a problem at the root cause, hardly once if ever you don't see a texter that can't keep up to traffic or use only one lane, the video game drivers that play ping pong through traffic using merge lanes as their own personal passing zone but it's rare you see a cruiser doing anything but hiding in a "good spot" to tag a speeder. If the whole of traffic is safely cruising along at 130, who gives a damm, nothing in the world is changing nor is it likely to. Add to that the ridiculousness of our countries leader being Teflon coated, seemingly immune from the most basic laws of our land n it pretty much sums up whats so very wrong right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    From a liability perspective, wasn't this always the case? Not sure but I think it would have been - organizers doing this without insurance/police ok would have been taking liability risks?
    Prior to this you only needed insurance/permission from property owner. Not sure why you would have needed police permission to get insurance, has never been my experience in event planning. The most that would have occurred is a courtesy call to say hey this is occurring in this area and here is the approval from property owner, event permits, etc but you didnt need their approval. This new stuff make it seem as though now you have to get them involved and get their blessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Walls closing in, for sure it feels like that especially since we are in the midst of one of the most stressful events we are likely to see in most if not all of our lifetimes. On road enforcement of peeps driving like absolute assholes is zero or damm close to it but yet we see bullshit speed trap after bullshit speed trap in speed transition zones and down hills. In my eyes, thats road side taxation and nothing more. If just once the powers to be actually addressed a problem at the root cause, hardly once if ever you don't see a texter that can't keep up to traffic or use only one lane, the video game drivers that play ping pong through traffic using merge lanes as their own personal passing zone but it's rare you see a cruiser doing anything but hiding in a "good spot" to tag a speeder. If the whole of traffic is safely cruising along at 130, who gives a damm, nothing in the world is changing nor is it likely to. Add to that the ridiculousness of our countries leader being Teflon coated, seemingly immune from the most basic laws of our land n it pretty much sums up whats so very wrong right now.
    My exhaust being louder than normal results in far more scrutiny that the absolutely STAGGERING amount of cars I see driving around at night with no fucking running lights on because "mY daSh LiGhTs aRe oN, tHaT mEAns mY HeADlIgHTs aRE, oN!" morons everywhere. Seriously, how in the metric mcfuck are we still pumping out people with a license who aren't trained to MAKE SURE YOUR GODDAMN LIGHTS ARE ON, or make the fucking OEMs realize "HEY IF THE FUCKING CAR IN IS MOTION, AND YOUR AUTO LIGHT DECTECTION SENSOR DETECTS MOTION THE MORON BEHIND THE WHEEL IS DRIVING WITH HIS LIGHTS OFF MAYBE THROW A WARNING OR SOME SHIT"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Supporter
    Prior to this you only needed insurance/permission from property owner. Not sure why you would have needed police permission to get insurance, has never been my experience in event planning. The most that would have occurred is a courtesy call to say hey this is occurring in this area and here is the approval from property owner, event permits, etc but you didnt need their approval. This new stuff make it seem as though now you have to get them involved and get their blessing.
    Agree - if on private property seems an over-reach.

Club Supporter
    My exhaust being louder than normal results in far more scrutiny that the absolutely STAGGERING amount of cars I see driving around at night with no fucking running lights on because "mY daSh LiGhTs aRe oN, tHaT mEAns mY HeADlIgHTs aRE, oN!" morons everywhere. Seriously, how in the metric mcfuck are we still pumping out people with a license who aren't trained to MAKE SURE YOUR GODDAMN LIGHTS ARE ON, or make the fucking OEMs realize "HEY IF THE FUCKING CAR IN IS MOTION, AND YOUR AUTO LIGHT DECTECTION SENSOR DETECTS MOTION THE MORON BEHIND THE WHEEL IS DRIVING WITH HIS LIGHTS OFF MAYBE THROW A WARNING OR SOME SHIT"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    Pet peeve of mine - so many people on 400 series highways driving with only DRLs at night and no rear lights - and they're clueless if you try to signal or let them know. Cars are loaded with all kind of options (basic and upgrades) and yet so many roll off the line without some form of auto light detection or warning.

was at an auto cross event a few years ago in Milton - locals had no clue and the cops showed up - once they discovered what was going on all was good and the cops even went for a few runs...lol Kerry I love myself on you tube also showed up for a few events...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Pet peeve of mine - so many people on 400 series highways driving with only DRLs at night and no rear lights - and they're clueless if you try to signal or let them know. Cars are loaded with all kind of options (basic and upgrades) and yet so many roll off the line without some form of auto light detection or warning.
    Same as someone driving a high end ride you know damm well comes with hands free but they insist on holding the phone.
    All this Nanny self park, self drive, lane assist crap is making dumb ass's even dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    All this Nanny self park, self drive, lane assist crap is making dumb ass's even dumber.
    You sir...just hit the fucking nail on the head!!!