Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,479

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

^^^ Gangster, looking sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Spent some hours on the DD today. Clean. Brand new second hand!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did the same for the wife’s Accord. Washed the wheels twice too since they’re black with a machined face. Used a metal polish on the dirty exhaust tip. Didn’t dry the car with a towel though as I knew it was gonna rain today. Just needed to clean off that layer of dirt that only hand washing can clean off.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Still looks good after the rain.

15C56DD0-8115-459B-880E-FAF2FC186954.jpeg
    45486F01-7EA4-494F-9CF6-77BA5385BED5.jpeg

Blue Magic metal polish works wonders on cleaning off the carbon buildup on the exhaust tip.

0FAC0A3D-A38B-44BC-82C6-2C1012AA1C2B.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Still looks good after the rain.

15C56DD0-8115-459B-880E-FAF2FC186954.jpeg
    45486F01-7EA4-494F-9CF6-77BA5385BED5.jpeg

Blue Magic metal polish works wonders on cleaning off the carbon buildup on the exhaust tip.

0FAC0A3D-A38B-44BC-82C6-2C1012AA1C2B.jpeg
    Looks sweet!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Honda’s maintenance minder system is a joke. My wife’s new Acura didn’t want an oil change until it hit 14k.
    I do it every 6k
    They didnt want to change the cvt fluid for me as part of the deal since its "too early". Yet the maintenance schedule says if its driven hard it needs to be done at 40k km. Im still going to have them do it just for peace of mind. No telling how the first owner drove the car

Sounds like money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Looks sweet!

Thanks. Wife always gets complements on the car. Of course I chose the colour and opted for the sport grille rather than the boring 3 bar chrome grille. The sport grille makes the front look way better. Also got door mouldings just because I like the look, kinda old school.

And some useless information, you won’t see many Accords with front splash guards. They didn’t sell those for Canadian cars. The USA got them though, which is odd since Canada has more snow. So I ordered them from the USA. And to reverse things, the USA didn’t get a 4 cylinder Touring trim, only V6 Touring. Don’t know why Honda did that since they’re all about fuel savings. Funny thing though, the car was built in Ohio but not sold in the USA, where Ohio is.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    They didnt want to change the cvt fluid for me as part of the deal since its "too early". Yet the maintenance schedule says if its driven hard it needs to be done at 40k km. Im still going to have them do it just for peace of mind. No telling how the first owner drove the car

Reminds me of when we got the TSX from a used car dealership, had over 100k on it. I changed all the stuff myself. Changed whatever oil they put in to synthetic. Changed cheap pads to Hawk HPS. New antifreeze. Changed transmission fluid then a week later changed it again so it was fresh. New brake fluid as the old stuff was black and sludge. Changed fuel filter. New HID bulbs. Previous owner did no maintenance to the car. Once I was done with it, ran great.

Been a stressful summer. Almost ready to put the ride back together. Just in time to lock her up. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Reminds me of when we got the TSX from a used car dealership, had over 100k on it. I changed all the stuff myself. Changed whatever oil they put in to synthetic. Changed cheap pads to Hawk HPS. New antifreeze. Changed transmission fluid then a week later changed it again so it was fresh. New brake fluid as the old stuff was black and sludge. Changed fuel filter. New HID bulbs. Previous owner did no maintenance to the car. Once I was done with it, ran great.
    The previous owner of the TSX likely didn't care (unfortunate). At least you were able to care for it.

Per the service records, the first owner of my soon to be civic has regularly serviced the vehicle (oil changes) at the dealership. The only thing the owner failed to do was keep the interior clean...what a disaster. That being from a Honda Dealership and it is Honda Certified (for whatever it's worth), I am somewhat at ease. Should be in my hands by the end of this week nice and clean.