Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 205 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 1051551952012022032042052062072082092152553057051205 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyzag420 View Post
    Couldn't watch it , that is horrifying
    But you could be at risk of buying/wearing a dog skin glove, etc....

Club Supporter
    For the Cuba vacation fans, it's going to get more expensive to vacation there as Americans start to travel/vacation there (it's coming)...at least the food will get better.

Suks waking up to a cold house dirty little sensor , maybe I should be maintaining it like regular folks lol

Cuba sounds good right bout now too

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    For the Cuba vacation fans, it's going to get more expensive to vacation there as Americans start to travel/vacation there (it's coming)...at least the food will get better.
    Might be a while before the Americans lift the travel ban. So for now, only have to put up with the loud Quebecers.
    Food has been great the last couple of times to Cuba. Going again the end of next month.

Truly historic development however. There's been a lot of changes over the past few years with Raul in charge. It will be interesting to see what happens with better relations with their neighbour.
    -Don____________

Boobs

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 HD View Post
    ..........I don't buy the food for our house hold so I'm out of touch with these expenses.
    I do buy the food for our house

basically....for stuff like apples and pears you're around $1 per piece (usually around $1.99 per pound)

one week (7 days), avg 5 pieces per day = 35 pieces = $35

buying the boxes of mandarins etc at this time of year cuts the prices back per piece

but spring through fall...per day, I'll do a nectarine, a plum, 2 apples and a pear....and yeah....$30ish per week

you want a nectarine right now....imported...$5.99 per pound

FFS...a half decent bundle of grapes costs $8.00

you might wanna take a trip to the grocery store....it'll open your eyes

don't know how folks on a very limited income eat healthy....it is not cheap

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Might be a while before the Americans lift the travel ban. So for now, only have to put up with the loud Quebecers.
    Food has been great the last couple of times to Cuba. Going again the end of next month.

Truly historic development however. There's been a lot of changes over the past few years with Raul in charge. It will be interesting to see what happens with better relations with their neighbour.
    It's funny because we had a meeting on Tuesday with a large client who is a Canadian tour operator whom many here would have travelled with (large vertically integrated) and they said their is significant infrastructure development in Cuba right now with a lot of building of large hotels/resorts, etc and that something big was coming in Cuba for that much building to be going on now (versus past years as they have been going to Cuba as one of their destinations for years). We also discussed that US travel forecast is up 10% from pre-2008 levels (due to economic swing there) which equals the whole Canadian travel market (in numbers) for sun destinations which means price is going up for everyone because US travellers are more profitable for hotels/resorts, other travel suppliers in sun destinations. Yes it will be a little while yet but the government there and global players (eg. Spanish hotel developers and their financiers - we can't figure who is putting up the money yet) are putting massive amounts of money into Cuba. If I can figure out the land ownership thing there I'd buy land now.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    I do buy the food for our house

basically....for stuff like apples and pears you're around $1 per piece (usually around $1.99 per pound)

one week (7 days), avg 5 pieces per day = 35 pieces = $35

buying the boxes of mandarins etc at this time of year cuts the prices back per piece

but spring through fall...per day, I'll do a nectarine, a plum, 2 apples and a pear....and yeah....$30ish per week

you want a nectarine right now....imported...$5.99 per pound

FFS...a half decent bundle of grapes costs $8.00

you might wanna take a trip to the grocery store....it'll open your eyes

don't know how folks on a very limited income eat healthy....it is not cheap
    Some of them nice apples run $2.49 - $2.99 lb in store like Loblaws, etc this year...up from last year when the average was $1.99.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by F150screw View Post
    Suks waking up to a cold house dirty little sensor , maybe I should be maintaining it like regular folks lol

Cuba sounds good right bout now too
    LOL! Too busy looking after other people's heating systems?

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    ...there is significant infrastructure development in Cuba right now with a lot of building of large hotels/resorts, etc
    Stayed at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria the last time, and there was a new airstrip and several LARGE resorts being constructed down the road.

Our Guide was telling us about some of the changes going on: property ownership, salaries, currency, etc.
    The 'convertible pesso' is being phased out.
    -Don____________