Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,605

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    Just buy a Model S and supercharging s free!! lmao. The sad thing is the $15 bucks for 343 km range is actually $15 for about 260-280 kms range or less if its cold or hot out or raining or you like the radio or the heated seats, if you use the steering wheel or put stuff in the trunk etc etc etc. Everything in an electric car uses the battery power. Just sitting outside in the cold drains the battery, so real world range is no where near epa range.

For my pockets maybe a diesel vehicle makes more sense, my buddy claims he gets close to 1000 km/ tank and that’s from an old Jetta or Golf - probably less than the price of one wheel on that model S , but he’s not gonna win any races or save the environment.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by newbiestangowner View Post
    ….my buddy claims he gets close to 1000 km/ tank and that’s from an old Jetta or Golf
    Is that one of the old “emission tweaked” models?

No doubt a small car with a small diesel and a manual transmission will get phenomenal mileage. But North Americans don’t want that.
    -Don____________

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Is that one of the old “emission tweaked” models?

No doubt a small car with a small diesel and a manual transmission will get phenomenal mileage. But North Americans don’t want that.
    Yes lol!

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

So tested the seat elements for continuity and resistance. The seat element, is fine. It’s a completed circuit. The seat back element, is dead. Getting nothing from it. With the way the seat wiring harness is setup, without the seat back, the seat element doesn’t work. Well, at least getting the leather off the seat back isn’t hard. Still have to cut and replace hog rings. Guess I just need to buy the seat back.

2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Speaking of hiding,
    Long time John. Are you doing like this? Aka John Goodman.
    1500 cases buddy

I’m doing alright , you’re still in fear I see , hopefully soon yes the “John Goodman”

For my pockets maybe a diesel vehicle makes more sense, my buddy claims he gets close to 1000 km/ tank and that’s from an old Jetta or Golf - probably less than the price of one wheel on that model S , but he’s not gonna win any races or save the environment.

Your buddy is not lying. I have a 2012 Passat TDI. It has had the emissions fix done to it since the scandal. I still get over 1000 and up to 1150 kms per tank. It costs about 75 bucks (at current $1.37ish / L) to fill it and it's a fully loaded car, so it's no econo box. Before the emissions fix I would go regularly over 1100 kms/tank so honestly there wasn't much loss in fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoy View Post
    I still get over 1000 and up to 1150 kms per tank….Before the emissions fix I would go regularly over 1100 kms/tank so honestly there wasn't much loss in fuel economy.
    That’s 10%.

If your truck got a “fix” like that, it would likely be an issue.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    So tested the seat elements for continuity and resistance. The seat element, is fine. It’s a completed circuit. The seat back element, is dead. Getting nothing from it. With the way the seat wiring harness is setup, without the seat back, the seat element doesn’t work. Well, at least getting the leather off the seat back isn’t hard. Still have to cut and replace hog rings. Guess I just need to buy the seat back.

So same as I've run into, loose one and neither element works.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    So same as I've run into, loose one and neither element works.
    Yeah. You’d think they’d wire it so you’d only lose one so you’d have some warmth if the other fails. Odd that it stopped when the car only has 24k on it. The connector for it is clipped under the seat so it’s not like something could have affected it. I don’t remember driving into a river either.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

FYI..........almost had a fire in my one GM truck after I opted for an aftermarket replacement. Turned out wiring was incorrect at the connector plug. Instead of being on low, saw element get hot enough to singe the seat cushion. Thankfully was standing there monitoring or truck would have been an up in flames kinda deal. Contacted mfg, suggested it was my fault for not confirming they got it right before installing..........can not post what I replied with.