Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Forged bottom end is only part of the equation. You doing top end as well?
    The whole motor is getting re-done. Blower cams, bored out, bigger injectors. Forged rods pistons, upgraded oil pump. Forged crank shaft. Only thing is I’m using stock heads but items getting new everything.

My motor jumped a timing chain at the beginning of the summer. And the difference between a stock motor rebuild and a forged one was maybe 3k. So I said fuck it.

I even debated selling my blower for now, upgrading the tranny and just spinning the motor harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Build focused on boost with lower compression and blower focused cams may disappoint you run N/A, needs boost to make it shine. Combo of forged bottom end plus stock heads (with cams) is screaming for a intercooled baby Kenne Bell plus supporting mods. With that bottom end you can even pulley down and let it scream. Don't get dragged down the rabbit hole reading what KB claim an "otherwise stock" engine will produce with a monster blower on it as your stock heads and exhaust manifolds or small headers will quickly become the restriction that see's it underachieve. They also don't talk about how grossly inefficient a big blower is when it's not spun hard. Building a hot rod that actually performs is about the right combination, seldom if ever does a short cut work out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Build focused on boost with lower compression and blower focused cams may disappoint you run N/A, needs boost to make it shine. Combo of forged bottom end plus stock heads (with cams) is screaming for a intercooled baby Kenne Bell plus supporting mods. With that bottom end you can even pulley down and let it scream. Don't get dragged down the rabbit hole reading what KB claim an "otherwise stock" engine will produce with a monster blower on it as your stock heads and exhaust manifolds or small headers will quickly become the restriction that see's it underachieve. They also don't talk about how grossly inefficient a big blower is when it's not spun hard. Building a hot rod that actually performs is about the right combination, seldom if ever does a short cut work out.
    I stayed with stock compression as a fail safe.

But other then stock heads everything else is getting upgraded. Now I think to sell my blower, wait on tranny and get the KB lmao

Has anyone ported their 2v heads before ? If so was it worth it ? And where did you get it done ?

Trick flow heads have been on backorder since last June...

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Trick flow heads have been on backorder since last June...
    I’ve been looking here and there, they are expensive. Generally I was asking if it’s to expensive to port my heads. I just did a google search and previews are everywhere. I’m not crazy set on them. If I can get it done for 2-500$ then sure but I’m not willing to pay 1800$ for 25 HP. Would help but not set on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    I’ve been looking here and there, they are expensive. Generally I was asking if it’s to expensive to port my heads. I just did a google search and previews are everywhere. I’m not crazy set on them. If I can get it done for 2-500$ then sure but I’m not willing to pay 1800$ for 25 HP. Would help but not set on it.

I don't think there is anyone in Ontario that can port your heads for $500... not even per head. If porting was that cheap everyone on this board would have their heads ported lol.

98 GT - Bright Atlantic Blue 'Dech'

For work on your heads that will truly make a difference, expect to spend close to what new set of TFS heads are worth. Just checked their site, shows stock expected in next 3 or 4 months.

Thanks guys, I figured. It’s not necessary, would be nice but w.e. And that made me laugh zippy, if it were cheap everyone would have it….. blonde moment on my part lol