Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Thanks guys. Busted out some ceiling tiles to access downstairs, doesn't look too bad so far. Largest concern, will lower couple inches on the kitchen cabinets dry up ok. Water moped up, fans n dehumidifier on so wait n see how it progresses. Water was definitely pouring out of the dishwasher but cycled it last night and can't see a problem. Perhaps door was not fully latched n door switch misses it, not sure.
    I've got water leak detectors / alarms around the hot water heater and under each sink, will be upping my game and sliding one under the washer itself. Shows no matter how much you think you have things covered, always something you may have missed.

if its a newer Whirlpool there is a "special project" running right now on certain models for degrading heater mounts that have caused water leaks. there is even a route to go claim for damages.

if its a Whirlpool i can send you the info when i get into work on monday.

This actually works? Wtf.

2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Thanks guys. Busted out some ceiling tiles to access downstairs, doesn't look too bad so far. Largest concern, will lower couple inches on the kitchen cabinets dry up ok. Water moped up, fans n dehumidifier on so wait n see how it progresses. Water was definitely pouring out of the dishwasher but cycled it last night and can't see a problem. Perhaps door was not fully latched n door switch misses it, not sure.
    I've got water leak detectors / alarms around the hot water heater and under each sink, will be upping my game and sliding one under the washer itself. Shows no matter how much you think you have things covered, always something you may have missed.
    I had one under my old dishwasher (plus water heater and washing machine) and carried it over to the new dishwasher, and even then I don't run this or washing machine, etc unless I'm around and awake...a little paranoid about these things springing leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    if its a newer Whirlpool there is a "special project" running right now on certain models for degrading heater mounts that have caused water leaks. there is even a route to go claim for damages.

if its a Whirlpool i can send you the info when i get into work on monday.

It's a Frigidaire.
    Have now cycled it twice with no issue. Kath had started it yesterday am but a few minutes later hit the strop button. I wonder if it glitched when she hit start again?

Washing machine supply hoses are a sneaky source of floods. I have 1/4 turn isolation valves and only turn the water on when doing a load.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    It's a Frigidaire.
    Have now cycled it twice with no issue. Kath had started it yesterday am but a few minutes later hit the strop button. I wonder if it glitched when she hit start again?
    How old of a dishwasher?

Starting and stopping should not cause any issues.

Older dishwashers use a float to tell water level. Usually a plastic cap thing near the front on the bottom below the lower spray arm. Look for it being clogged or something stuck in it.

The newer ones use an air trap to catch a pocket of air and then reads that pressure to determine water level. These were common to get clogged up and there is an update lid available to remedy that.

Other wise when your testing it looking for the leak. Make sure you let it run For awhile. Since they usually don’t pressurize all the jets at the same time. You have to let it cycle for a bit to run them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Washing machine supply hoses are a sneaky source of floods. I have 1/4 turn isolation valves and only turn the water on when doing a load.
    Supply hoses are a common leak point but would not expect it to only leak when it’s run a cycle.

How old of a dishwasher?

Starting and stopping should not cause any issues.

Older dishwashers use a float to tell water level. Usually a plastic cap thing near the front on the bottom below the lower spray arm. Look for it being clogged or something stuck in it.

The newer ones use an air trap to catch a pocket of air and then reads that pressure to determine water level. These were common to get clogged up and there is an update lid available to remedy that.

Other wise when your testing it looking for the leak. Make sure you let it run For awhile. Since they usually don’t pressurize all the jets at the same time. You have to let it cycle for a bit to run them all.
    I've let it run two full cycles without any sign of a leak.
    Pulled spray bar plus housing over the impeller to be it's clean and check ball in place. Yes it has the old skool float, it's free as well. No idea what happened. Ordered more leak alarms, will be sliding one under the unit itself. thanks for your input.

Supply hoses are a common leak point but would not expect it to only leak when it’s run a cycle.
    that's why I isolate when not in use.