Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Wife’s cousin is a civil engineer

What branch did he study? What does a masters provide above what he has already gotten?
    Mechanical. The Masters will be mechanical as well with a lean towards aeronautics.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    Mechanical. The Masters will be mechanical as well with a lean towards aeronautics.
    does the masters change what he can work on or more just where he can work?

i dont know how all this school stuff works. my meeting in high school was all of 5 mons long before she determined collage/ university wasnt for me. she said "find a trade or factory, have a good day."

kids arnt getting any younger so something i should pay attention to i guess.

College and university are shilled as the only route to adulthood. A good many just go for "the college experience" of dorms, parties and debauchery. That makes for a highly qualified barista. STEM fields are the exception. Course that requires hard work and results in providing valuable skills and services to society are more often skipped for easy liberal arts degrees that do a good job of racking up debt.

Trades are looked down upon, and the "any degree is a good degree" mantra does a good job of keeping the bloated, top heavy university administrators employed. With fewer going into the trades, basic supply and demand will have their earning power increase. If I were doing it again, I'd research the top paying trades, pick up that skill and then combine that with going into business.

My recent water heater installer was making a killing with danger of job loss. A portable skill that enables you to live where ever strikes your fancy or to be able to escape high taxes and mandates.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    does the masters change what he can work on or more just where he can work?

i dont know how all this school stuff works. my meeting in high school was all of 5 mons long before she determined collage/ university wasnt for me. she said "find a trade or factory, have a good day."

kids arnt getting any younger so something i should pay attention to i guess.
    The Master's degree builds on the knowledge learned during undergraduate studies, usually with a tilt to a specialized field. In my nephew's case, he wants to study aeronautical engineering. Think of it kind of like a doctor getting their MD then going on to specialize in cardiology (I know it's not exactly the same, but I think you get my drift).

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    The Master's degree builds on the knowledge learned during undergraduate studies, usually with a tilt to a specialized field. In my nephew's case, he wants to study aeronautical engineering. Think of it kind of like a doctor getting their MD then going on to specialize in cardiology (I know it's not exactly the same, but I think you get my drift).
    okay i get you. good for him. lots of hard work but a field that will payout for sure.

Club Supporter
    Mattress shopping today.....

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Mattress shopping today.....
    Sounds like a snooze fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Sounds like a snooze fest.
    LOL - yes, at times it was hard to resist the urge to nod off for just a couple minutes.

scrap yard for a starter for the beater today.

the majority of the cars were crushed. Yard guy said get what you need today, we're crushing 75% of the cars, because Ukraine

Scrap prices are up. Highest I’ve ever seen them.

Cleared $200 bucks last week for a half load of scrap appliances. That’s “shred” or “white goods” which is the lowest they pay out for.

Don’t leave anything metal outside and watch your cats. The Thieves are looking to cash in