Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,503

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

All the best to you Laurence. I think it might be prudent to talk to an employment lawyer to see what your legal options are.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen06GT View Post
    All the best to you Laurence. I think it might be prudent to talk to an employment lawyer to see what your legal options are.
    This - or sometimes just better to walk away from a toxic environment (it won't change; hard to win a legal case unless they have other documented complaints but if President/HR doesn't really record stuff on paper it's an uphill battle). Not sure if possible to go back short term, head down, and look to change companies ASAP since it's a hot market? Anyway, sorry to hear - that sucks.
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 04-07-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Not a bad point. It was awhile ago so may have changed. When I did my leave. It was a limited time and you were expected to return. If you chose not to you lost ei. Unless you had a note from a dr recommending you not return.

As 92redragtop pointed out. Job market is hot. Lots of people looking for good people. Not every workplace is toxic.

Take care Laurence and try to think positive. Things usually happen for a reason.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Hard enough getting through life these days without someone being a prick. Hope better days are right around the corner for ya.

have you been recording these interactions?

Take care Scrape, keep your chin up and lean on those cost to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Well, I have been going through a rough time with work and it has not been fun. Bottom line is that I have been really stressed from being bullied. My boss originally told me that I was allowed to charge my Tesla at the 110v outlet. The cost worked out o be $20 per month but he said no worries. He recently changed his tone about allowing me to charge my car at the office and telling me not to charge my car if it is above zero degrees while my coworker who also has a Tesla and a Nissan Leaf is allowed to charge there for the last two years all year long. I said I will pay for the charging but declined. My coworker on the other hand was not told to stop charging. This was clear that I was being picked on. Two days later our “Mad Scientist” (yes he is a PhD scientist) berated me for the 5th and final time. I just couldn’t take it anymore. I wrote a formal letter to my boss but only suggested that I sit down with him and the asshole scientist but I refused to unless there was a written resolution to this problem. I was denied the letter so I left work on stress leave along with mental health issues. Sadly my boss is the President and HR manager at the same time and he has ignored the many complaints about this scientist from various individuals and yet the bullying continues. I just got fed up and couldn’t take it anymore. I now ended up selling my Tesla (I actually made $5k! On top of original price including the PPF) as it was causing me way too much stress with the charging. I can’t charge at home as I live in a condo and there is zero plans to install any type of charging or even 110 plugs. My wife is pissed at me as well now as I will have to make some serious decisions as to what to do with my cars now. I just feel so down at this point. Sorry everyone.
    Hey Laurence, I commend you for saying something on here. Most of us bottle it up and fester. If you need to vent, let it out. That’s why we are here.

All jokes aside, for 5k I’ll cut your bosses brake lines lmao

Clearly some favourites being played there, take your stress leave and chill for a bit man. Clear your head, God has something better for you. When you feel a bit better and not as a stressed, I encourage you to look elsewhere for employment, all kinds of opportunities out there man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Clearly some favourites being played there, take your stress leave and chill for a bit man.

Of course there are favorites. Denial of this is denial of basic human nature. It happens in families, it happens in business. It happens everywhere.

We all want "fairness" but wanting doesn't make it true. Life isn't fair, and no one is coming to rescue you. The sooner you face this, the sooner you'll help yourself, unless you prefer wallowing in self pity.

Stress leave is a good time to seek alternatives. For the torturer it signals victory. The bully is always encouraged by a win.

Thank you. It has been on my mind.
    Thank you. I am in talks right now at a new firm. This has happened 5 times to me already. Sadly the other 4 were just verbal talk to my boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    This - or sometimes just better to walk away from a toxic environment (it won't change; hard to win a legal case unless they have other documented complaints but if President/HR doesn't really record stuff on paper it's an uphill battle). Not sure if possible to go back short term, head down, and look to change companies ASAP since it's a hot market? Anyway, sorry to hear - that sucks.
    I went to see my doctor right away for stress and mental health recovery for a period of one month. Honestly I don't plan on returning to my work after this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Not a bad point. It was awhile ago so may have changed. When I did my leave. It was a limited time and you were expected to return. If you chose not to you lost ei. Unless you had a note from a dr recommending you not return.

As 92redragtop pointed out. Job market is hot. Lots of people looking for good people. Not every workplace is toxic.
    Thank you. This is so true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Take care Laurence and try to think positive. Things usually happen for a reason.
    Thank you mister.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Hard enough getting through life these days without someone being a prick. Hope better days are right around the corner for ya.
    Sadly, the first 4 were not noted. This one was a formal one in writing. Worse part is my boss who is an HR Manager forwarded the email to the person that berated me. I sent that email to him in confidence. I feel so violated. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    have you been recording these interactions?
    Thank you sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGWOP View Post
    Take care Scrape, keep your chin up and lean on those cost to you.
    Thank you. I rather talk about this as others may go through or have been through a similar situation. I just want to let people know that they are not alone. I wish only the best for anyone as what I am going through was hard to talk about. I never met many of you but being on this board has given me peace of mind knowing that there is a ton of great people here. Mental health is a serious issue and we all need to talk about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    Hey Laurence, I commend you for saying something on here. Most of us bottle it up and fester. If you need to vent, let it out. That’s why we are here.

All jokes aside, for 5k I’ll cut your bosses brake lines lmao

Clearly some favourites being played there, take your stress leave and chill for a bit man. Clear your head, God has something better for you. When you feel a bit better and not as a stressed, I encourage you to look elsewhere for employment, all kinds of opportunities out there man.