Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Sorry Mav,

Latest plan to combat inflation is to print 7 billion new dollars.

Freeland commenting on IMF hosted panel about carbon tax; quote "we increased it this year, even in the face of higher inflation, and to me that shows meaningful commitment"

Sirius XM renewal for Ram n Mustang, don't be afraid to call n speak with customer retention as you'll come away with a great deal.

Oh no. Sorry to hear bud.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    Oooops I did it again….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Sirius XM renewal for Ram n Mustang, don't be afraid to call n speak with customer retention as you'll come away with a great deal.

I've systematically went through all of my services, phone, internet, insurance etc. I got price reductions with all of them. Not much in a few cases but always something. In all cases I leave thinking I should have acted sooner.

Inflation is chewing at all of our ankles and retirement is looming for all of us. Less out of pocket means more beer or earlier retirement. Inattention is bleeding all of us.

risk of rail strike in the US. Contract negotiations ongoing for the last 2 years, 60 days away from strike deadline.

on another note, google "farmers dumping milk", blamed on supply chain.

There's the same number of mouths to feed as pre covid but cattle dropping dead, farmers dumping crops, food processing plant fires and closures, and potential rail strike looming. Setting aside the more immediate concerns, bankrupt farmers can't supply food next year.

Quick, go stock up on toilet paper.

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.
    She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
    One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs.
    The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.
    He responded by asking how she was doing in school.
    Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.
    Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"
    She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."
    Her father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."
    The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"
    The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the conservative side of the fence."
    If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
    If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
    If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
    If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
    If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
    If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."
    Well, I forwarded it to you.

Saw this and it makes sense.JMO

The above can be distilled to victim mindset versus taking responsibility for your decisions and actions.

The world is not fair, or equal. Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post
    A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.
    She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
    One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs.
    The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father.
    He responded by asking how she was doing in school.
    Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.
    Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"
    She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."
    Her father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."
    The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"
    The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the conservative side of the fence."
    If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
    If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
    If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
    If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
    If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
    If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
    If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."
    Well, I forwarded it to you.

Saw this and it makes sense.JMO

very cool Mav. —recently because of my age I've been leaning to change my career and close out my life back in the arts where I started. Not being in the loop for a long time I've noticed a huge shift in how the artists have changed since the hippy days and how most now voice their hate for conservative, colonialism, and capitalism and lean largely into liberalism blindly managing the arts in a manner of the three they prescribe hate the most...? I'm somewhere in the middle and really hope our future society doesn't lose the conservatives as a separate all together way of opposition...if this makes any sense lol.
    Last edited by hammerhead; 06-22-2022 at 12:29 PM.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Club Supporter
    Or the chain letter in modern form...now go forward it.