Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,625

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

I got a steel sliver in my eye thanks to my 10,000 RPM burr grinder. I was wearing well fitted safety glasses but one snuck past the net. After a few hours of eye rubbing, eye rinsing with the hose and tearful wrenching I went to emerg.

I was listening to an audio book, "Endurance" about Shackleton getting trapped in Antarctica at the time.

My delay and the hours long wait in uncomfortable emerg chairs gave the sliver time to rust. Pretty unsettling watching a pair of sharp tweezers come at your eye. Follow that with a little medical type burr grinder to buff the rust off my eyeball and I was well into a cold sweat.

Listening to what Shackleton and his whole crew went through (and survived) made me feel like a total pussy for getting unsettled.

Perspective.

Same scenario for me except they used a scalpel to scrape the rust..............fawk that was unnerving.

Had the same as well years ago.....but turned at all good after the fiasco.

Been through this situation as well, also while wearing safety glasses. No long term affects for me luckily, but consisted of several trips to the optometrist and lots of eye drops

I also went thru the same kinda thing , now some 30+ years latter developed cataract in that eye, coincidence ?
    ~REMEMBER, " life in prison" doesn't mean SHIT to a senior citizen ~ http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/for...4&type=profile

I have delt with rust before so didn’t wait for that to happen this time. Much better today.

Was grinding early in the day and didn’t feel a thing untill I jumped in the shower. Thinking it must have been on my face somewhere and I worked It In During my shower.

Self inflicted. That sounds painful no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I have delt with rust before so didn’t wait for that to happen this time. Much better today.

Was grinding early in the day and didn’t feel a thing untill I jumped in the shower. Thinking it must have been on my face somewhere and I worked It In During my shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    As you may know, I am a contractor who builds decks. Over the years I have had a number of civil engineers and architects ask me to build their deck. In every single instance, the deck was hopelessly either over or under designed and I would always wind up completely redesigning the plan to make it work, and/or to meet the building code.
    I've also had many wealthy clients about whom you would wonder if they had enough brain capacity to put their pants on in the morning.
    As a tradesmen myself, I still find it shocking that tradesmen don’t make more then they do. I have many wealthy clients that appear “ simple” for a lack of better words, do way better financially then I can comprehend. I guess it comes down to “ a dollar saved is a dollar earned ?”
    I’m not slow, I just like the way your bumper looks

Quote Originally Posted by Zutz2v View Post
    As a tradesmen myself, I still find it shocking that tradesmen don’t make more then they do. I have many wealthy clients that appear “ simple” for a lack of better words, do way better financially then I can comprehend. I guess it comes down to “ a dollar saved is a dollar earned ?”
    Government workers. Lol

I can build a deck, frame a wall, wire in new receptacles and fixtures, mud and tape drywall and shingle a roof. My father cannot do any of those things. My father can manage people and corporate finances very well. Only one of us has a Porsche, and its not me.

I also know people in the trades with boats worth close to a million dollars who spend lots of time on vacation in beautiful destinations and have a house that's more retreat than home. I know people with degree's in Finance struggling to get by.

People who value their time and skills accordingly and focus on doing better for themselves vs caring what others have tend to do alright long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate