Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Celeste and I went to watch “Top Gun-Maverick” today. A pretty decent flick and a great way to kill some time on a lazy Canada Day.

All done. Had to retighten the nuts and bolts for the exhaust flange to donut collector. Thought it was tight enough but had a leak. Took care of that once it cooled down. Drove to Milton to for a bbq at my brother-in-law’s place. Figured the drive to Milton and back home after to Brampton will be a good heat cycle so I can retorque the nuts tomorrow.

C20A2B7A-0F5D-4CBA-B0E5-3D7FEA05FA86.jpeg
    66DDED33-F864-4F0C-A44C-B691FEAB6719.jpeg

The Dorman manifold studs and nuts are slightly different than OEM. The threads aren’t as deep into the block but length of the stud is the same as OEM. The nut is a lock nut. Felt like I was going to break the stud when I was tightening the nut. I guess it can’t back out but might be a problem if I ever have to take it out.

AFE gives you a nut and oval lock nut for the collector flange to exhaust system. I don’t know why they didn’t tap the holes so I could reuse OEM hardware. Would be easier to install because I had to have my neighbour hold the bolt from the top while I tightened from underneath. Used the Fel-Pro gaskets that came with them.

Drones a bit on the highway but I rarely drive on the highway so I don’t care. I just turn the volume up on the stereo.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

^ We have stopped using the Dorman studs for the exact same reason. Fel Pro's version work like a charm but are a bunch more money. Gaskets, moved back to OEM MLS only after a couple of failures using aftermarket fiber type gaskets.

Yeah I was a little iffy about the Dorman studs and nuts. Luckily I only needed to use 2 as I was able to free up 2 more OEM studs and nuts.

I was going to use a MAHLE gasket which is MLS but the Fel-Pro looked better for sealing. It’s some metal type gasket. No fiber material and shiny metal on both sides. If it fails, I’ll use the MAHLE. Way easier to get this header out than the stock cast iron so wouldn’t take too long to swap out.

All in all I’m happy with everything. Brakes and headers done. All the mods I wanted to do are done. I’m happy with the suspension and shifter feels great so no need for a MGW upgrade. Just little things left to do in due time.

Mahle is the OE supplier for Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Mahle is the OE supplier for Ford.
    Cool. I know they also supply gaskets for other automakers.

Tired as fawk this am, not sure why so many these days think it's ok to start shooting fireworks off well north of 11pm n keep it up into the wee hours of the morning. Last couple of years, look forward to long weekends with rain and more rain, at least it keeps it down to a dull roar.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Tired as fawk this am, not sure why so many these days think it's ok to start shooting fireworks off well north of 11pm n keep it up into the wee hours of the morning. Last couple of years, look forward to long weekends with rain and more rain, at least it keeps it down to a dull roar.
    When any teen can walk into any corner store and pick them up.

Why don’t they just shoot them at each other out the sunroof like normal idiots. Maybe that was just me and my buddies. We were smart enough not to buy the loud ones. They attract too much attention.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 07-03-2022 at 08:39 PM.

Club Supporter
    I don't get it - it's 2022, how are people falling for this still? They have internet - classic decade (or longer) old scam. I bet he's not even a real prince.

Toronto police say a man who allegedly defrauded multiple people over 11 months is now facing nearly 100 charges.

Police say the 22-year-old man was arrested Monday and is facing 97 charges, including 29 counts of fraud over $5,000 and 30 counts of causing another person to act on a forged document.

Police allege the man began to reach out to victims as far back as last April through online marketplaces and agree to buy merchandise, usually designer clothing and shoes.

Police allege he would meet the victims and pay with fraudulent cheques worth more than the agreed purchase price.

Police say he would then allegedly get the victims to send him the difference, fleeing with the money and merchandise before those he defrauded realized the cheques had been placed on hold.

Police say investigators believe there may be more victims and are urging anyone with more information to come forward.

Club Supporter
    Sad news that Shockwave Jet Truck crashed in Michigan today and the driver did not survive. He ran the truck at TMP several times in the past and always put on a great show. R.I.P.

DSC_2605.jpg