Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Spoke with rim repair shop…bringing car and leaving it there. Will store inside while they have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad you got it figured. i got lots of spare rims but all my stuff is junk nothing that would fit around the kinda brakes your running

WTF happened here!!!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post

WTF happened here!!!! Lol

feminism. Women would rather work for a man that doesn't care about them than stay home for a man that does

I had a “start the car, start the car” moment at Princess Auto yesterday.

4-5 years ago I bought three variable speed 8” bench grinders. My intention was to make a polishing station with six different buffs. I finally got around to trying one of them out. At 1/3 HP it was gutless and it died within a week. I put back in the box and brought all three back to Princess. I told the guy I remember paying about $50-60 each and it was several years ago on a now dead credit card.

They’re no longer carried in inventory and he couldn’t find the transaction via my phone #. He gave me a $500 store credit, the value of the next closest grinders he could find. He did hear me when I said I paid $50-60.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    I had a “start the car, start the car” moment at Princess Auto yesterday.

4-5 years ago I bought three variable speed 8” bench grinders. My intention was to make a polishing station with six different buffs. I finally got around to trying one of them out. At 1/3 HP it was gutless and it died within a week. I put back in the box and brought all three back to Princess. I told the guy I remember paying about $50-60 each and it was several years ago on a now dead credit card.

They’re no longer carried in inventory and he couldn’t find the transaction via my phone #. He gave me a $500 store credit, the value of the next closest grinders he could find. He did hear me when I said I paid $50-60.
    this is why small business cant compete. just give the consumer what ever they want. leads to shit paying jobs with untrained employees who don't know and don't care. feels good now. but we are currently reaping the rewards of this type of customer/business contracts. just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    this is why small business cant compete. just give the consumer what ever they want. leads to shit paying jobs with untrained employees who don't know and don't care. feels good now. but we are currently reaping the rewards of this type of customer/business contracts. just my opinion.
    can't argue with your point. I will say the customer service guy understood what he was doing, this wasn't incompetence. You can say it was customer retention via the means he had available, or maybe I was just easy to deal with instead of the typical barking dissatisfied customers (I was friendly, co-operative and persuasive).

I do recognize the products offered by Princess are typically very low quality. The rebuttal to that is "offer high quality" but there are numerous examples of the general public opting for cheap over quality. MP3's over vinyl or CD's, Ikea over hand crafted etc.

The only real option I see is to be the only vendor within reasonable distance or you'll have to take on Bezo's, Princess, Ikea, etc. Either that or cultivate customer loyalty with the means you have available, which isn't always money.

Seems to figure. Driest summer in a long time so I decide to restore the log siding on our house.

Now that it’s stripped and clean and all I have to do is set nails and strip caulking. Weather talks rain for days.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 07-24-2022 at 09:39 PM.

Love watching Junkyard Gold!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Terrific show.