Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

petroleum is ancient solar energy

Yah —I wouldn’t invest that
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

been counting calories - sugar - and saturated fat since my last doctor visit —thank god for apps, not sure this would have been easy not too long ago —having trouble getting enough calories by watching sugar intake and saturated fats to keep cholesterol in check—looking forward to a visit to a nutritionist —I think this app is geared toward cutting out carbs and I struggle with that making it difficult to reach enough daily calories —far fewer aches and pains since I cut out processed sugar (even in coffee) but I think I bonked for a few days and reach for a Pepsi (41 grams of sugar) 1/2 the daily allowance set out in the app —thought the sugar level may have been to low —It's quite a challenge
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    been counting calories - sugar - and saturated fat since my last doctor visit —thank god for apps, not sure this would have been easy not too long ago —having trouble getting enough calories by watching sugar intake and saturated fats to keep cholesterol in check—looking forward to a visit to a nutritionist —I think this app is geared toward cutting out carbs and I struggle with that making it difficult to reach enough daily calories —far fewer aches and pains since I cut out processed sugar (even in coffee) but I think I bonked for a few days and reach for a Pepsi (41 grams of sugar) 1/2 the daily allowance set out in the app —thought the sugar level may have been to low —It's quite a challenge
    Try a piece of fruit. I find apples to be a quick blast of energy and they travel well. better'n processed sugar. I use stevia as a sweetener for my coffee. It took several brands before I found an acceptable one, they're not all the same. No calories and natural source, unlike cancerpartame.

IMO your fear of saturated fats is unfounded. The "no fat" culture of the 80/90's sure produced a lot of fat people. Fats from seed oils are another matter, they belong in the industrial lubricant category.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Try a piece of fruit. I find apples to be a quick blast of energy and they travel well. better'n processed sugar. I use stevia as a sweetener for my coffee. It took several brands before I found an acceptable one, they're not all the same. No calories and natural source, unlike cancerpartame.

IMO your fear of saturated fats is unfounded. The "no fat" culture of the 80/90's sure produced a lot of fat people. Fats from seed oils are another matter, they belong in the industrial lubricant category.
    the app separates the fats it's useful once the product is scanned in - I get lots of fat but very little saturated and mono unsaturated —all my sugar thus far for the past two weeks or so aside that pepsi was a from fruit and veggies and nuts —not a fan of sweetners —think I just need to learn more about food and the nutritionist I hope will blaze the trail but I'm truly amazed by the fact that the pain I've had forever has almost completely gone and here was a few days I felt 29 again —haven't had a drink in over a year and I think coffee be gone soon too —its a challenge to eat out of the comfort zone
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    the app separates the fats it's useful once the product is scanned in - I get lots of fat but very little saturated and mono unsaturated —all my sugar thus far for the past two weeks or so aside that pepsi was a from fruit and veggies and nuts —not a fan of sweetners —think I just need to learn more about food and the nutritionist I hope will blaze the trail but I'm truly amazed by the fact that the pain I've had forever has almost completely gone and here was a few days I felt 29 again —haven't had a drink in over a year and I think coffee be gone soon too —its a challenge to eat out of the comfort zone
    coffee is where I draw the line, I derive too much pleasure from it.

Splitting out fats, proteins and carbs is how you achieve your macro's, the correct balance of each component. Separating them out doesn't indicate bad. Animal fats are saturated fats, we evolved to eat animals, not margarine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    coffee is where I draw the line, I derive too much pleasure from it.

Splitting out fats, proteins and carbs is how you achieve your macro's, the correct balance of each component. Separating them out doesn't indicate bad. Animal fats are saturated fats, we evolved to eat animals, not margarine.
    had a steak Saturday —has some saturated fat and some mono unsaturated but not a high count but has both —very high in calories tho but it can be planned with other foods consumed throughout the day, I believe very few carbs too so it's not that bad —margerine I won't eat either lol —carbs is definitely something I can't do without I think every body is different just need to nail down the right ones —the days of just stuffing food in my face without a thought are over was at a friends last night saying no thanks a lot...hahaha
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd

Tesla is taking some drastic steps to discourage restoring salvaged vehicles as it confirms that it will permanently disable Supercharging on those vehicles.
    Salvaging Tesla vehicles has become surprisingly popular thanks to YouTuber Rich Rebuilds and some businesses were built around it like Jason Hughes’ 057 Technology.
    But Tesla has been known to discourage the practice at many levels, like making it hard to get parts or not provide vehicles with software updates.
    Now the automaker is going a step further and confirmed that it will disable Supercharging and third-party fast-charging on all vehicles that have been declared “salvaged”.
    A tipster sent Electrek a memo that Tesla sent to employees about updating its ‘Unsupported Vehicle Policy’ and it now includes the following line:
    “Supercharging and/or ‘fast charging’ through 3rd party chargers of the Salvage-Titled vehicle is permanently disabled.”
    That’s despite the fact that Tesla offers “salvage-titled vehicle high voltage safety inspection” to determine if the high-voltage components of a vehicle are safe.
    Tesla added in the memo’s notes:
    “Tesla reserves the right to deactivate Supercharging capability on any vehicle we believe would be unsafe. If a vehicle is found to have been modified to enable Supercharging and/or fast-charging through third parties, Tesla may take legal action and seek compensation.”
    Also, Tesla notes that once a salvaged vehicle is listed as “unsupported” it cannot be changed.
    It’s not all bad though. In the memo, Tesla has made official that they will support mobile app use for salvaged vehicles.
    Electrek’s Take

I do understand the need to protect Superchargers against accidents for safety reasons, but I think a blanket Supercharger ban and even general third-party DC fast-charging ban is excessive.
    If Tesla already has an inspection process, which it offers at a cost to salvaged vehicle owners, why not include an inspection of the systems involved in fast-charging to make sure everything is in order.

So, came down with the Covid this weekend. Great way to start a vacation.
    -Don____________

That sucks Don. Hope it's mild and you recover quickly.
    ~Scott B