Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,498

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    I live on the ground floor in a condominium in the Greater Toronto Area and have been dealing with a lot of water backing up into our unit. These kitchen stacks are supposed to be cleaned at least every six months clearly from this video there is a ton of pressure on these clamps. There is easily $35,000 damage done to my unit as well as the condo itself. The property manager and condo board will be held accountable for all this as this problem went on for 2 days without a proper fix as they claimed that there was no plumbers available to come in to repair this. So damn pissed off. I will be in contact with a lawyer, CMRAO (Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario, Pro House who manages our condo and not to mention my Insurance company as well. Condo life sucks ass to be honest.

https://youtube.com/shorts/b2XYp-4b2-Y?feature=share
    https://youtube.com/shorts/uDzaGEZ8IzU?feature=share
    That bites. Can you have someone come fix the leak and then send them the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    I live on the ground floor in a condominium in the Greater Toronto Area and have been dealing with a lot of water backing up into our unit. These kitchen stacks are supposed to be cleaned at least every six months clearly from this video there is a ton of pressure on these clamps. There is easily $35,000 damage done to my unit as well as the condo itself. The property manager and condo board will be held accountable for all this as this problem went on for 2 days without a proper fix as they claimed that there was no plumbers available to come in to repair this. So damn pissed off. I will be in contact with a lawyer, CMRAO (Condominium Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario, Pro House who manages our condo and not to mention my Insurance company as well. Condo life sucks ass to be honest.

https://youtube.com/shorts/b2XYp-4b2-Y?feature=share
    https://youtube.com/shorts/uDzaGEZ8IzU?feature=share
    We went through a flood last year. I live in a stacked townhome, we've got a rooftop terrace. The membrane on the floor had a pin hole leak which got bigger some how during the winter and caused a massive leak... 2 floors had damages, we had to live in a home with ceilings and walls cut out.
    They did a half assed job fixing it. We ended up paying 6k out of pocket.

That is some sketchy plumbing with all those cheap patches (those aren't really clamps) on the pipes.

Here is the update from the plumbers. Apparently it was a clog that is located in the garage which is the root cause. Also the slopes on the pipes are wrong. Not sure how they can fix it but they said they will try their best. So the rubber on the clamps were bad as well which caused the leak here but the root cause of this stems from the angle of the pipe which caused the clog pipe.
    DEDD82AC-9E57-46B9-A542-0D9B891D6616.jpg
    058E16F1-B868-466D-88E5-83D9861C5F17.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    That bites. Can you have someone come fix the leak and then send them the bill?

most condo boards are staffed with non trades people. As such they don't care about infrastructure but prefer to decorate common spaces. If you campaign for infrastructure you get voted off the island.

Politics on a small scale.

I agree. They know shit about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    most condo boards are staffed with non trades people. As such they don't care about infrastructure but prefer to decorate common spaces. If you campaign for infrastructure you get voted off the island.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post

That’s not an accurate statement at all. While condo boards are made of members that may not know the intricacies of infrastructure, they certainly care about it. That’s why the condo act requires them by law to hire and conduct engineering surveys and reports.

As with everything, there are some condo boards that are better/worse than others. But don’t paint them all with the same wide brush.
    -Don____________

^ Dealt with a bunch of different boards in a previous business, not a single one I interacted with made a decision that wasn't based on cheapest n fastest.

Only really delt with a handful on new builds. After that problems were the customers. Not one good experience yet. As cheap as possible. As quick at possible and anytime there is an issue. They throw you under the bus to the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    That’s not an accurate statement at all. While condo boards are made of members that may not know the intricacies of infrastructure, they certainly care about it. That’s why the condo act requires them by law to hire and conduct engineering surveys and reports.

As with everything, there are some condo boards that are better/worse than others. But don’t paint them all with the same wide brush.
    As with everything, there's exceptions. I prefer to base my predicative framework around the majority.