Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Things moving in right direction at home?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Guys, you should take your Ferraris in for the brake fluid reservoir cap recall.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...brake-failure/
    I just run mine emtpy that way I don't have to worry about the level getting too low........

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Guys, you should take your Ferraris in for the brake fluid reservoir cap recall.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a4...brake-failure/
    I have this exact problem on my 35 Plymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I think having to deal with the MTO and manage an M.V.I.S. station is going to force me into early retirement before I get too old for my job. It's no wonder why doctors leave and nobody wants to be in any trade or have anything to do with a licensed working position —I'm not sure the government gets the point about over reach or over control or just plain over complication and maybe should have some recruits on the ground floor to see how inept they really are...
    Its scary seeing the workplace shortages like in Government offices, doctors, nurses etc. One question I have is, where the hell are these people going after leaving their jobs? How are they affording this life? They cant all have sugar mommas and daddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Its scary seeing the workplace shortages like in Government offices, doctors, nurses etc. One question I have is, where the hell are these people going after leaving their jobs? How are they affording this life? They cant all have sugar mommas and daddies.
    have you seen how much sugar is in public sector retirement plans?

I'm finding this with older people close to retirement or there —I know three family doctors who still want to work but opted to retire because of government —I've read many doctors won't set up a practice because of government —I'm seeing a similarity in what I do in the trucking industry —I can't comment on young people but I think many have resorted to living with less and see no point because of market trends (housing eg.) —I also think the "everyone's a winner" notion many have been raised on is now coming to fruition but that's just my opinion. I have one of six and I don't think he will leave home —I don't get angry and just watch because I know he's up to something and I think he see's the future in a different mind set...he's just trying to piece it together privately tho —it's funny being a dad the kids never think that dad is watching in my case anyway...lol
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I don’t think beef is going anywhere. Cricket people are just seeing a market and providing something some people want.
    https://michaelshellenberger.substac...mer-crackdownsfarming.jpg

Do these idiots not see what's happening in Sri Lanka?

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I'm finding this with older people close to retirement or there —I know three family doctors who still want to work but opted to retire because of government —I've read many doctors won't set up a practice because of government —I'm seeing a similarity in what I do in the trucking industry —I can't comment on young people but I think many have resorted to living with less and see no point because of market trends (housing eg.) —I also think the "everyone's a winner" notion many have been raised on is now coming to fruition but that's just my opinion. I have one of six and I don't think he will leave home —I don't get angry and just watch because I know he's up to something and I think he see's the future in a different mind set...he's just trying to piece it together privately tho —it's funny being a dad the kids never think that dad is watching in my case anyway...lol
    Thats awesome and kudo's to you for being an involved father having a watchful eye on your little ones.
    The world needs more watchful fathers!

I understand some people close to retirement are opting to retire, but i'm talking about the younger folk 20yr olds and up... they're just completely absent. And the ones who I come across in many different sectors are entitled as hell and dont want to put in the work.
    I guess those participation trophies really are paying dividends in society.

Thats awesome and kudo's to you for being an involved father having a watchful eye on your little ones.
    The world needs more watchful fathers!

I understand some people close to retirement are opting to retire, but i'm talking about the younger folk 20yr olds and up... they're just completely absent. And the ones who I come across in many different sectors are entitled as hell and dont want to put in the work.
    I guess those participation trophies really are paying dividends in society.

Personally I think we are seeing the result of decades worth of government mismanagement and political play coming to a head. My cousin is in the medical field. And stated years ago how the “ceo” of her hospital gained a 100k plus bonus for the year by coming in under budget. She came in under budget by closing a floor and limiting beds.

The blame for the closure fell on the government and not the ceo.

All we hear currently in Ontario is how it’s all fords fault. My Brother in law is a dr in Nova Scotia. They have the same problems there. Doug ford dosnt run things down there.

People don’t seem to grasp that ALL the government does is cut checks. Spending decisions happen at a different level.

In medical and most other government industries. (Education being a big one) we have seen years of bloated wages, hiring, and benefits into middle and upper management. But cuts to the actually people working.

These industries have become top heavy and more work never gets done by hiring more management.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 08-11-2022 at 02:27 PM.