Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Am I doing it wrong? Or do all Tapcons snap? Maybe I’m just THAT strong?
    Pilot hole the right size and deep enough?

Had some do that and turned out my hole was about a 1/8 inch shy so the screws were bottoming out.

Also old concert is way WAY harder than new stuff

Random question of the day.....
    Is there a RWD manual transmission that would work behind a formerly FWD super charged GM 3.8?
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Random question of the day.....
    Is there a RWD manual transmission that would work behind a formerly FWD super charged GM 3.8?
    I'd look up the engine code and then various vehicles that got that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Pilot hole the right size and deep enough?

Had some do that and turned out my hole was about a 1/8 inch shy so the screws were bottoming out.

Also old concert is way WAY harder than new stuff
    I installed a subfloor in my basement last year and tap conned down every panel, also found alot of them would snap even with the recommended bit and depth achieved.

Don’t recall off the top of my head any 3.8 cars with a manual. Unless it was an option with a base model Camaro. I think any of the fwd cars that had a manual had the 4cyl.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Don’t recall off the top of my head any 3.8 cars with a manual. Unless it was an option with a base model Camaro. I think any of the fwd cars that had a manual had the 4cyl.
    the super charged 3.8 would be out of a Regal/grand prix/bonneville type years. the v6 in the camaro never came super charged and cant really seem to figure out if the two v6's are similar otherwise at all.
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

What are you building Brad?
    -Don____________

Not me. Friend of mine has a '82 camaro carbed 2.8v6 4 speed. Just thought a 3.8 super charged v6 would be cool but might be more trouble than its worth

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    the super charged 3.8 would be out of a Regal/grand prix/bonneville type years. the v6 in the camaro never came super charged and cant really seem to figure out if the two v6's are similar otherwise at all.
    i had a SSEi for a very short time lol. long story (knock knock, who's there? its Rod,.....)

I had thought they were the same block between the SC version and the NA one. bit it's been a few years so dont take my word as gosple. however. from what i do remember alot of them had recalls for fire issues. and they were not good for making power. bottom ends where really not up to the job.

if he wants to stick with a v6 what about the newer caddy 6's that the cts got early on. power wise they were pretty close to the sc3.8 i think those were a decent motor.

This is just me trying to spend his money lol. His plans for an engine swap may never happen. He's happy with it just being what it is.