Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Love having a shop/maintenance guy who I can say "here's the problem I need solved" and he just takes it and runs with it. Instead of spending $3k on a new dump truck tarp system he fabbed up a system with parts from the shop and princess auto in a couple days time that's gonna end up being under $1000 including his labour.
    A dying breed.

IMG_7359.jpg

how can something so cute cause so many issues. lol

Don’t know what the “issues” are, but just watched the latest episode of ‘Good Doctor’ last night. Those were some issues.

Our cats had a few issues after getting them from the rescue. Mostly stuff related to being in a house full of cats, LOL. Nothing some drops, meds, and lotions couldn’t fix.

But damn, that’s a cute pup.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Don’t know what the “issues” are, but just watched the latest episode of ‘Good Doctor’ last night. Those were some issues.

Our cats had a few issues after getting them from the rescue. Mostly stuff related to being in a house full of cats, LOL. Nothing some drops, meds, and lotions couldn’t fix.

But damn, that’s a cute pup.
    Lol. No. Just normal puppy stuff how can such a little thing produce so much pee and crap.

His foster people lived in an apartment and started his training on those pee pad things.

It’s just basically teaching a dog it’s okay to go to the bathroom in the house.

It’s okay. I don’t need sleep.

I've been noodling with AI stuff lately, see some of the random AI art in rando pic's. Excellent work. AI voice overs are perfect, so much so lack of mistakes is the giveaway for audio books etc. AI is really good.

Posted a few items in kijiji, got obvious scam responses. One email, one text. Normally I fuck with them and waste as much of their time as possible in my spare moments. I realize the most recent scammers are AI.

Same story on dating apps, the catfishers are actually AI. Hard to detect.

My point is this is early in AI and already pretty convincing. AI has all the biases the programmers want to write into it. This is going to infest all forms of interaction. AI is a force multiplier for the narrative, any narrative or agenda. Learn to spot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Love having a shop/maintenance guy who I can say "here's the problem I need solved" and he just takes it and runs with it. Instead of spending $3k on a new dump truck tarp system he fabbed up a system with parts from the shop and princess auto in a couple days time that's gonna end up being under $1000 including his labour.
    goes without saying, retention of this guy is important. Work culture is more infectious than covid. Putting a lazy, useless fuck in with 3 high producers will result in 4 turkeys and a slack workforce culture. Hire slowly, fire quickly and reward excellence is a mantra I agree with.

Here is what is on my mind. So on Jan 23rd I dropped off my 2022 Lexus IS350 for it’s first service which was free and I mentioned about how when the engine is cold it would rev up to 1200 rpm (like a choke on the old cars back in the day) but instead of it taking a minute or two to kick down it wouldn’t kick down for at least 10 minutes. I also complained about the lack of distance the remote is for my car and the said that they would look at it. I picked up the car on Tuesday after work and they performed the inspection etc and they swapped out the battery on the remote blaming the battery was faulty and everything was fine. They couldn’t find the issue with this revving either. Fast forward to January 26th after work and I start up my car and it is lit up like a Christmas tree with check engine light and displaying issues on the infotainment screen. WTF! I call the dealer and dropped off the car and got back in a loaner again. Apparently the O2 sensor has quit on the car and it is extremely rare for them to fail especially when my car now only has 5000km on it. Here is the kicker, there are no O2 sensors in Canada right now and the eta is now at February 10th. How is this even possible? This engine has been in their lineup forever and there are zero O2 sensors available? There goes Toyota reliability down the toilet in my books.

Sorry for the long rant but it has been on my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Here is what is on my mind. So on Jan 23rd I dropped off my 2022 Lexus IS350 for it’s first service which was free and I mentioned about how when the engine is cold it would rev up to 1200 rpm (like a choke on the old cars back in the day) but instead of it taking a minute or two to kick down it wouldn’t kick down for at least 10 minutes. I also complained about the lack of distance the remote is for my car and the said that they would look at it. I picked up the car on Tuesday after work and they performed the inspection etc and they swapped out the battery on the remote blaming the battery was faulty and everything was fine. They couldn’t find the issue with this revving either. Fast forward to January 26th after work and I start up my car and it is lit up like a Christmas tree with check engine light and displaying issues on the infotainment screen. WTF! I call the dealer and dropped off the car and got back in a loaner again. Apparently the O2 sensor has quit on the car and it is extremely rare for them to fail especially when my car now only has 5000km on it. Here is the kicker, there are no O2 sensors in Canada right now and the eta is now at February 10th. How is this even possible? This engine has been in their lineup forever and there are zero O2 sensors available? There goes Toyota reliability down the toilet in my books.

Parts and product availability is still seriously messed up and will be for a long time. We were doing well and seeing stuff working a couple weeks. Now most everything is saying March eta.

Everything comes from China. Built in the US, Mexico, Taiwan, Germany ect ect?
    All the sub components come from China.

Try calling around to different suppliers. Another major issue we are running into. When stuff does come into stock. The Big guys with deep pockets are buying up everything. They know the wait times are the perfect opportunity to crush the little guys who can’t afford massive amounts of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post

60% of failures are infant mortality.

how does a ventless clothes dryer vent?