Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Here is what is on my mind. So on Jan 23rd I dropped off my 2022 Lexus IS350 for it’s first service which was free and I mentioned about how when the engine is cold it would rev up to 1200 rpm (like a choke on the old cars back in the day) but instead of it taking a minute or two to kick down it wouldn’t kick down for at least 10 minutes. I also complained about the lack of distance the remote is for my car and the said that they would look at it. I picked up the car on Tuesday after work and they performed the inspection etc and they swapped out the battery on the remote blaming the battery was faulty and everything was fine. They couldn’t find the issue with this revving either. Fast forward to January 26th after work and I start up my car and it is lit up like a Christmas tree with check engine light and displaying issues on the infotainment screen. WTF! I call the dealer and dropped off the car and got back in a loaner again. Apparently the O2 sensor has quit on the car and it is extremely rare for them to fail especially when my car now only has 5000km on it. Here is the kicker, there are no O2 sensors in Canada right now and the eta is now at February 10th. How is this even possible? This engine has been in their lineup forever and there are zero O2 sensors available? There goes Toyota reliability down the toilet in my books.

Sorry for the long rant but it has been on my mind.
    Same thing with Husqvarna...been waiting for a warrantied part for my snowblower for over a year. Second part supposed to show up today...not holding my breath.
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Here is what is on my mind. So on Jan 23rd I dropped off my 2022 Lexus IS350 for it’s first service which was free and I mentioned about how when the engine is cold it would rev up to 1200 rpm (like a choke on the old cars back in the day) but instead of it taking a minute or two to kick down it wouldn’t kick down for at least 10 minutes. I also complained about the lack of distance the remote is for my car and the said that they would look at it. I picked up the car on Tuesday after work and they performed the inspection etc and they swapped out the battery on the remote blaming the battery was faulty and everything was fine. They couldn’t find the issue with this revving either. Fast forward to January 26th after work and I start up my car and it is lit up like a Christmas tree with check engine light and displaying issues on the infotainment screen. WTF! I call the dealer and dropped off the car and got back in a loaner again. Apparently the O2 sensor has quit on the car and it is extremely rare for them to fail especially when my car now only has 5000km on it. Here is the kicker, there are no O2 sensors in Canada right now and the eta is now at February 10th. How is this even possible? This engine has been in their lineup forever and there are zero O2 sensors available? There goes Toyota reliability down the toilet in my books.

Sorry for the long rant but it has been on my mind.
    Crazy how common for parts to be on b/o right now, not an ounce better vs early into Covid.

Lawrence - No supply problem for 02's for there new builds in Woodstock. Try their new car parking lot at 2AM in morning with a Milwaukee Sawzall #2621 and 6" blade - 42 secs per cut. Don't need a jack, have good clearance on SUV. Their 4 1/2" grinder adds on 23 secs per cut, so your tool choice. Tell the dealer you got them on amazon w/free shipping. You'll thank me later.

LMAO! That is a good one. May as well go for the CAT while i am at it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by redo75 View Post
    Lawrence - No supply problem for 02's for there new builds in Woodstock. Try their new car parking lot at 2AM in morning with a Milwaukee Sawzall #2621 and 6" blade - 42 secs per cut. Don't need a jack, have good clearance on SUV. Their 4 1/2" grinder adds on 23 secs per cut, so your tool choice. Tell the dealer you got them on amazon w/free shipping. You'll thank me later.

This is fucking hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    how does a ventless clothes dryer vent?
    Two styles. One uses a small heater the other uses a small refrigerant system exactly like a dehumidifier.

Both condense the moist air into drain that then gets pumped out.

The dry air then just vents out into the room.

Lol

We have processes that we can use with appliance manufactures where they will pull stock from the assembly line if they are not available elsewhere

Certain criteria has to be met. As in it must be under manufacturer warranty and the unit has to be non functional.

Can’t see why car manufacturers can’t do the same.

Insanely sad what is happening in Turkey and Syria.
    Buildings collapsing like dominos.... scary how quickly mother nature can turn around and claim whats her's.
    Over 7200 people killed, just saw a video of a woman who was crushed by the rubble but still ended up giving birth to a live baby - absolutely jarring.
    I'm donating to IDRF. My close friend is a director at this charity and he is busy sending relief efforts to both countries, 91 cents out of each dollar makes it to the cause. https://www.charityintelligence.ca/c...ief-foundation

In the slow lane doing 100 K on cruise control, moderate traffic. Semi crawls up my ass, within 5 feet. Not enough room for him to pass on the left. He passes on the shoulder to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    In the slow lane doing 100 K on cruise control, moderate traffic. Semi crawls up my ass, within 5 feet. Not enough room for him to pass on the left. He passes on the shoulder to the right.
    Check 905 Semis on facebook. Enough said.