Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,632

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Got my wife a Series 8 - there's a lot packed into that model.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Got my wife a Series 8 - there's a lot packed into that model.
    Good to know. Just ordered a 45mm silver aluminum model and got a couple case protectors. I didn’t feel paying an extra $400 for a stainless case with sapphire crystal screen and weighs a few grams more.

Total cost for new watch and case protectors, $148 using my $507 in Amazon gift card balance.

Now I also have to buy a USB C charging block as I don’t have one at all.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Good to know. Just ordered a 45mm silver aluminum model and got a couple case protectors. I didn’t feel paying an extra $400 for a stainless case with sapphire crystal screen and weighs a few grams more.

Total cost for new watch and case protectors, $148 using my $507 in Amazon gift card balance.

Now I also have to buy a USB C charging block as I don’t have one at all.

Agreed - it's not a watch that will be in your Will so the aluminium body is all that's needed. Annoying that the existing Apple blocks don't work....I had to order a USB C block too.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Agreed - it's not a watch that will be in your Will so the aluminium body is all that's needed. Annoying that the existing Apple blocks don't work....I had to order a USB C block too.
    Just ordered a block too. Everything will be coming tomorrow. As well as a couple Milanese loop bands in pink gold and rose gold for my wife’s Fitbit watch. Also happy that all the Apple Watch bands are interchangeable.

I use a Gamin Fenix and know a few other users. IMO the harder sapphire is worth the extra $$. Tougher and more scratch resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    I use a Gamin Fenix and know a few other users. IMO the harder sapphire is worth the extra $$. Tougher and more scratch resistant.
    Yes, the sapphire crystal is stupid durable. 8 years on my Apple Watch and only 1 faint scratch that you can barely see. It’s always on my wrist, when wrenching, when washing the car. It gets whacked a lot. I was actually playing Kinect Adventures on my Xbox 360 and did a throwing motion with my arm. That’s when the screen ripped off. Heard the screen hit the wall and something else. Took me a minute to find it on the ground under my computer desk. The screen was perfectly intact except the ribbon tore off.

Only time I take it off is when I sleep and take a shower. When I bought mine new in 2015 it was $500, now it’s $970 for a 45mm. I can’t validate spending that for stainless steel and sapphire screen. Would rather buy the aluminum for $570 and spend $10 on screen+case protectors.

the High Commander has taken on the bathroom reno herself. She has been binge watching Rocky and talking with a Russian accent. She gulped down raw eggs this morning. —I'm getting worried she's going to call me out for the heavy weight title. My corner is not that heavy anymore!
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Couple shots from the road today just n/o North Bay
    Attached Images Attached Images

On sale Friday…$41.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrrick View Post

On sale Friday…$41.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    picked one up last week as well. they were on sale at CT. for the kids 4 wheeler. waiting for the bigger 4 bank to go on sale as well for the boat and trailer batteries.