Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Wife is now at 15 weeks! Going strong.
    Got the thyroid issue under control with medication. She's going strong with work outs 4 x week.
    We find out the gender next wednesday - PUMPED!!

RIP OEM 2015 Ram Battery, you finally failed to start. What a champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    RIP OEM 2015 Ram Battery, you finally failed to start. What a champion.
    New Die Hard AGM in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

We're close to the changeover point where stupidity becomes too expensive.

Another year or two of stupid, and a little more cold hungry and broke oughta cinch it.

Club Supporter
    Crazy last few days in the banking sector - anyone following or doing anything with the volatility?

Definitely following and thinking about what to do. Crypto was pumping yesterday but today it dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Crazy last few days in the banking sector - anyone following or doing anything with the volatility?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    Definitely following and thinking about what to do. Crypto was pumping yesterday but today it dropped.
    I think (hope) the window will be narrow after 2 bank failures and will depend on if there's any more which may not be likely (at least with US regionals). Credit Suisse has been on watch for over a year now so the lights are flashing on them but I hope others are in good shape still. Might slow down the interest rate increases though since that plus bad decisions by SVB and Signature on matching loans to asset maturities went negative on them (combined with a Twitter fuelled bank run). I have a few satoshi's but don't trade since crypto is all hype/emotional trading up to this point.

I already have RBC and BMO so picked up some CIBC with spare cash in TFSA - don't really like them as a stock/company but hoping to flip them later this year. TD would be a nice pickup also but didn't have enough spare cash in the TFSA to buy yesterday unless I transfer more in (but window might close). Bought a couple hundred shares of Western Alliance yesterday with the US spare cash I had in the TFSA and hope to flip soon (was up $2K yesterday but only $1K today but will double my money if it goes back to Friday's price) - would have grabbed some First Republic and a couple others if I had more US in the account ready to go.

What are you buying in crypto? The actual crypto or shovels and picks?

public pays off gambling debts of reckless gamblers. gamblers face zero consequence for wild risk taking. federal monetary policy sets the table for wild risk taking with low interest rates. big surprise when interest rate increases and cause the gambles to fail.

federal money printing spurs the inflation (taxation via $$ devaluation) that required the interest rate change, more tax $$ applied to pay off the gambling debt.

It's a no lose for bankers, a no win for taxpayers.

Club Supporter
    No - the current administration (US) has directed the banking system to pay increased insurance rates (so you can argue customers will pay through trickle down economics) to cover deposits for these banks so not being covered through federal or state taxes. Yes interest rates surprised them and they were chasing higher (riskier) returns (keep in mind they deal with VCs and tech companies primarily) but the CEO of SVB also lobbied hard for less regulations via Dodd-Frank and got his wish in 2017-2018 from the government at the time - and this is the result. Had they not rolled back the regulations for regional banks, we likely wouldn't have these failures and losses today. That's why buying the dip on Canadian banks (and some US banks) may be profitable because regulations remained intact for these.

This bank failure has a huge ripple effect on many things and US Car dealerships are struggling apparently to get loans approved for buyers. This is what I heard.
    In terms of Crypto, the only ones that I have been buying is Bitcoin, Etherium and Cardano. It seems that Bitcoin is on the up and up and predictions is that Bitcoin is in a bull market once again. I have been dabbling for approximately 5 years now. I made and loss so it all balanced out. I can't complain overall tbh.

I think (hope) the window will be narrow after 2 bank failures and will depend on if there's any more which may not be likely (at least with US regionals). Credit Suisse has been on watch for over a year now so the lights are flashing on them but I hope others are in good shape still. Might slow down the interest rate increases though since that plus bad decisions by SVB and Signature on matching loans to asset maturities went negative on them (combined with a Twitter fuelled bank run). I have a few satoshi's but don't trade since crypto is all hype/emotional trading up to this point.

I already have RBC and BMO so picked up some CIBC with spare cash in TFSA - don't really like them as a stock/company but hoping to flip them later this year. TD would be a nice pickup also but didn't have enough spare cash in the TFSA to buy yesterday unless I transfer more in (but window might close). Bought a couple hundred shares of Western Alliance yesterday with the US spare cash I had in the TFSA and hope to flip soon (was up $2K yesterday but only $1K today but will double my money if it goes back to Friday's price) - would have grabbed some First Republic and a couple others if I had more US in the account ready to go.

What are you buying in crypto? The actual crypto or shovels and picks?