Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Well, that’s a new one: got a scam phone call on my way home from picking up dinner. Guy yelling at me that I hit his car and ran, he has my license plate number and everything, and is going to call the cops.
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Well, that’s a new one: got a scam phone call on my way home from picking up dinner. Guy yelling at me that I hit his car and ran, he has my license plate number and everything, and is going to call the cops.
    LOL, I assume he did not want (ie. could not) to tell you what your plate number was.

I'd have played that one out for a bit, although maybe not while driving.

I wasted a ton of a scammers time once who was trying to buy an expensive camera of mine. I was working towards having him front shipping costs and was planning to take a dump in a box and send it.

On another note there's a service where you can have animal 'dung" shipped anonymously to someone, presumably an enemy. they have quite a variety of animals to select from and descriptions of odor, consistency etc to tailor the message. I looked into this after I received a bag of dicks in the mail (candy). I immediately knew who the culprit was (friend, not foe)

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    LOL, I assume he did not want (ie. could not) to tell you what your plate number was.
    Amazing how fast this guy got Don's cell number after the hit and run. LMAO!

Hmmm

Last week our delivery guy got a call from a guy claiming the same thing.

My guy was convinced it was the neighbour because they have done that before with the snow removal guys and he said it was in the delivery truck. I couldn’t figure out why they were going after him and not us. But maybe it was some thing even more scamy.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 03-27-2023 at 11:14 AM.

I'm a little curious how the scam plays out. Like, do they expect somebody to just send them a cheque to some random P.O. box for the "supposed" damage? I'm pretty sure I'm exchanging insurance information and getting personal information from the guy in that case.

And I want to know the website that offers personal information from a license plate number
    -Don____________

Yeah. I’m not really sure. My delivery guy is in his 70’s and they were being pretty hard on him with repeated calls and threats

I ended up calling the police on his behalf and she said she had never heard of a scam like that. I told her my guy was convinced it was the shops neighbour but they never came over and said anything to us the owners.

She told him to just block the number and call them if anyone shows up in person.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    Likely going that route also. Found 1000km old 275/55/20 Bridgestone duelers on kijiji. Hopefully the guy still has them.
    I guess $800 isn’t terrible
    Got them for $700. Stuck with them for the next 3 summers.
    And yes I quoted myself
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

Thinking about one of these for lapping days.
    Garmin Catalyst.

more details on this?
    -Don____________