Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 2295 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 1295179521952245228522912292229322942295229622972298229923052345 ... LastLast
Results 22,941 to 22,950 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Had to get a new trailer hitch this evening to pick up my new boat tomorrow and my other hitch lives in the other boat. Which is in storage. Clearly not the only one doing this as Canadian tires hitch and pin selection was really picked over.

Dont blame me, the research shows that over 50% of Liberal White Women have one or more mental ailments LOL
    This explains alot to be honest .... in the corporate sector on every level they are wreaking havoc with pronouns, diversity and inclusion initiatives etc etc.

Here's a link to the study:
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...oKKPFvgzWPziGU

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Dont blame me, the research shows that over 50% of Liberal White Women have one or more mental ailments LOL
    This explains alot to be honest .... in the corporate sector on every level they are wreaking havoc with pronouns, diversity and inclusion initiatives etc etc.

Here's a link to the study:
    https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...oKKPFvgzWPziGU
    Women are the incubators of future generations and as such must be overly cautious to protect future generations. This bias is served by a propensity for false positives to danger. Safer to assume a threat and be wrong than overlook a threat and be wrong. This translates into hypochondria and all manner of “false positives” that exhibit in many forms. This is a feature not a bug. Without this bias, humanity would have been a predators lunch.

It’s not just women. I have been saying for years that mental health issues have become a way for people to feel included. Now everyone who experiences a bad day has depression and every person who gets nervous about something has anxiety and every person who is an introvert is now on the “spectrum”

People who really are suffering don’t post it all over social media. This fad of “I was depressed and then I tried this diet, workout, shake, read this book or watched this video, and now I’m cured” is dangerous for people who are really struggling.

This is compounded by doctors that are no more than pill pushers. In many cases things like depression can be caused by a chemical imbalance giver person a pill that layers this simply based on then saying they are depressed and the doctor doing zero follow up. Will actually push people into a real chemical imbalance which leads to an increase is suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    It’s not just women. I have been saying for years that mental health issues have become a way for people to feel included. Now everyone who experiences a bad day has depression and every person who gets nervous about something has anxiety and every person who is an introvert is now on the “spectrum”

People who really are suffering don’t post it all over social media. This fad of “I was depressed and then I tried this diet, workout, shake, read this book or watched this video, and now I’m cured” is dangerous for people who are really struggling.

This is compounded by doctors that are no more than pill pushers. In many cases things like depression can be caused by a chemical imbalance giver person a pill that layers this simply based on then saying they are depressed and the doctor doing zero follow up. Will actually push people into a real chemical imbalance which leads to an increase is suicide.
    The social construct that “men & women are the same & equal” is to blame. This assumes men and women think the same, and share the same motivations. When society was agrarian, boys had a male role model working in the fields, hunting etc with their fathers and male relatives. Modern society takes the man out of the house and boys are raised by women. Schools are 90% women. By the time a modern day male reaches adulthood he’s fully acculturated to the “female correct” way of thinking.

Throw in the very recent addition of social media. In the past a man would be exposed to maybe a dozen attractive eligible women in his reproductive years. Now a man is exposed to that many in 5 minutes online. Likewise a woman in their reproductive years would have a mating pool of about a dozen. Now women advertise themselves worldwide via social media and even average ones are getting offers from across the globe. The average guy next door doesn’t stand a chance, and the average girl won’t settle for less than a 6 figure Chad.

Men are raised by women and treated like defective women if they express masculine tendencies in the world where blank slate equalism says the female way of thinking is the correct way of thinking.

I think you’re focusing too much on one aspect of a very complex and multifaceted issue.

If I was to try and simplify it I would lean more to society has it too easy. Regardless of male vs female. Honestly I don’t think it’s more one sex than the other. It’s possible that the larger increase in females as shown above could be explained simply by women are more open to talking about their feelings. And as I byproduct seeking help.

But again I don’t think it’s a M/F issue. I think it’s a societal issue.

We have it too easy, we are taught that we are perfect and if we are perfect we don’t strive for something better. If I’m perfect and can’t succeed there must be something wrong with me.

We have spent generations slowly destroying any construct of community

But again a very simplistic take on a complex issue.
    Last edited by 5.4MarkVIII; 05-05-2023 at 04:56 PM.

Club Supporter
    Another aspect of looking at this is whether there is "pre-selection" in the dataset - given the demographic attributes of the groups surveyed, do some groups in the US (eg. white middle class women) have better access to healthcare coverage (in a system that treats, not prevent), and are doctors who have close ties to pharma companies in the US push certain diagnoses and prescriptions? (this is one of the reasons all the US pharma ads all say "Ask you doctor about X product, which makes the patient/asker more likely to accept and start the drug than those who did not ask; and also doctors looking for opportunities to supplement revenue/income/benefits)". It's the flip side of the sales/marketing campaign to doctors to actively "sell" pharma products. Are these diagnoses related to low friction opportunities to over-diagnose/prescribe profitable products to a group with what may be good healthcare coverage (and for conditions that are not easily identified via lab work) versus other groups where access may be different?
    Last edited by 92redragtop; 05-05-2023 at 06:34 PM.

Hi
    Last edited by RedSN; 05-05-2023 at 08:27 PM.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Another aspect of looking at this is whether there is "pre-selection" in the dataset - given the demographic attributes of the groups surveyed, do some groups in the US (eg. white middle class women) have better access to healthcare coverage (in a system that treats, not prevent), and are doctors who have close ties to pharma companies in the US push certain diagnoses and prescriptions? (this is one of the reasons all the US pharma ads all say "Ask you doctor about X product, which makes the patient/asker more likely to accept and start the drug than those who did not ask; and also doctors looking for opportunities to supplement revenue/income/benefits)". It's the flip side of the sales/marketing campaign to doctors to actively "sell" pharma products. Are these diagnoses related to low friction opportunities to over-diagnose/prescribe profitable products to a group with what may be good healthcare coverage (and for conditions that are not easily identified via lab work) versus other groups where access may be different?
    I think the drug issue. (Regardless of the root cause) is absolutely exacerbated the problem.

Like many other issues society is facing currently. Unfortunately there is no easy fix.

30 years after Prozac arrived, we still buy the lie that chemical imbalances cause depression

https://qz.com/1162154/30-years-afte...use-depression

WRT pre selection, you are correct. The less affluent use SSRI's less. Since they're a prescription drug, the reporting on user demographics should be pretty close to correct.

WRT "societal issue", that's blank slate thinking (men and women behave, think and are motivated the same). Look no farther than this forum for an example of differences in male/female behavior. Eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap. Women seek quality for their precious eggs, men seek quantity for their cheap sperm. Show me a female dominated forum that has a similar thread to the most trafficked one here.

If men and women behave the same why is there so many memes and jokes about the mysteries of females? Shouldn't they think just like men and make up half of the demographic here? The evidence is in.