Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 2325 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 1325182522252275231523212322232323242325232623272328232923352375 ... LastLast
Results 23,241 to 23,250 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Thank you guys. It really means a lot to us.

I heard on the radio today that Toronto is the 4th safest city in Canada. I guess if you don't take the subway. More truth in media.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    More truth in media.
    Source? Probably not the media that did the study. Nope, it was “Rentola”, an online rental search engine. I’m sure it was a very in-depth study without bias or motive to rent apartments. But keep blaming big bad main stream media.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Source? Probably not the media that did the study. Nope, it was “Rentola”, an online rental search engine. I’m sure it was a very in-depth study without bias or motive to rent apartments. But keep blaming big bad main stream media.

Isn’t that from John Oliver?
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

Quote Originally Posted by xeninworx View Post
    Isn’t that from John Oliver?
    does that make a difference?

Cialdini's books "Presuasion", and "Influence" cover a lot of ground. One item discussed is "What's immediate gains importance" (paraphrased). Meaning whatever you talk about seems more important, really a psychological version of a magicians trick of distraction with some action so you look away from what is really happening. Clucking about a spy balloon, a bag of something found in the wrong place, an imploded engineering blunder are the media and social equivalent of this. Conan Doyle stated it well with "the dog that isn't barking" being the most salient clue. This is only one of many principles that are constantly evident if you look. Scott Adams made a great observation; your opinions are assigned to you. We all think we form our own opinions. Really we choose what we look at and adopt what is presented, if you "change your mind" all you've done is adopted a different assigned opinion. Media is in the business of assigning opinions.

retraction.jpg

does that make a difference?
    No, just commenting that I’ve seen it before and I thought it was from his show. His report on civil forfeiture was hilarious.
    2014 V6 MT Club of America
    IG: xeninworx

I have a black fox roaming my neighborhood. It's a female, bold, smart and alert. It passed through my yard a week or two ago and I got it's attention. I put out a few meat scraps and stepped back about 15 feet. She came over and munched. Last night I saw her again and called out, she came over and we hung out on my driveway for about 5 minutes, she was about 10 feet away. I just came in from my deck where I hand fed some chickadees. Dr Doolittle over here.

I have a black fox roaming my neighborhood. It's a female, bold, smart and alert. It passed through my yard a week or two ago and I got it's attention. I put out a few meat scraps and stepped back about 15 feet. She came over and munched. Last night I saw her again and called out, she came over and we hung out on my driveway for about 5 minutes, she was about 10 feet away. I just came in from my deck where I hand fed some chickadees. Dr Doolittle over here.
    does it have a white racing stripe?