Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 2330 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 1330183022302280232023262327232823292330233123322333233423402380 ... LastLast
Results 23,291 to 23,300 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Neighbor comes over. The one who only chats when he needs something. Boat motor isn’t running. . I explain diagnosis before willy nilly parts changes. I ask “spark or fuel” and get quizzical look. I again stress importance of proper diagnosis. He says yeah yeah I get it, then asks what he should change. This is followed by, are you busy?

So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee "monitors" and then this happened.

Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries?

Me - excuse me?

Her - you are wasting our bags!

Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.

Her - that's not my job!

Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.

Her - why are you using two bags?!

Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.

Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.

*10 seconds of me just staring at her.

Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.

Her - exactly.

Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.

Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging.

*me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.

Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.

Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.

*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.

Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?

Her- never mind you just don't get it.

And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.

Him - Her's are bad at math

They - Her's and Him's are the same

Him - expecting him to be good a her things or her to be good at him things is the definition of madness

They - but I know a her who's good at math therefore....

*presses two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.

The monitoring AI is stepping up it's game. Yesterday I went to Rode to read the manual on setting gain on a wireless mic. I didn't google, went right to Rode. Today in my inbox Amazon is pitching me a Shure signal controller with gain controls.

that 5% bump won't burst the bubble.......

^^^LOL, math.

But seriously, you're not using reusable bags?
    Much stronger, you can fit $300 worth of groceries in 4 bags.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    ^^^LOL, math.

But seriously, you're not using reusable bags?
    Much stronger, you can fit $300 worth of groceries in 4 bags.
    That’s not saying much with todays prices. Lol

Rest in Peace Fred.

Got a Ring camera or device? Check out the congressional hearings about how they've been hacked and abused.

Now map that onto other devices capable of listening, filming, tracking.

I had this crazy dream last night that I was on a service call and ChickenLips was driving the service truck —a right hand drive sprinter. Who would import a right hand drive sprinter. It's a true story and I have no idea why! I think I need a vacation.
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works