Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 2335 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 133518352235228523252331233223332334233523362337233823392345 ... LastLast
Results 23,341 to 23,350 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

The Titanic remake is killing me!

Maybe some kind of Quantum Leap remake where everybody lives! And with no wreckage, there’s also no Titan sub implosion, and Dawood goes on to make a breakthrough with SETI creating a cross-over movie remake of Contact.

for you millennials: Quantum Leap was an amazing show, and Contact was an amazing movie
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    The Titanic remake is killing me!

Maybe some kind of Quantum Leap remake where everybody lives! And with no wreckage, there’s also no Titan sub implosion, and Dawood goes on to make a breakthrough with SETI creating a cross-over movie remake of Contact.

for you millennials: Quantum Leap was an amazing show, and Contact was an amazing movie
    I was following along until the second half of you your post Don

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    Neighbor comes over. The one who only chats when he needs something. Boat motor isn’t running. . I explain diagnosis before willy nilly parts changes. I ask “spark or fuel” and get quizzical look. I again stress importance of proper diagnosis. He says yeah yeah I get it, then asks what he should change. This is followed by, are you busy?
    neighbor texts, "do you have an oil filter removal tool, I'm doing an oil change and can't get filter off". I walk over see his 67 coupe on the the 4 post lift (jealous) reach up and spin loose the filter. Kid is 23, 6' tall, 130 lbs, never lifted more than a soy burger. Father is sitting in lawn chair back seat driving the kids every move.

Next day another text "I did an oil change and now car isn't running right".

I walk over. They say they went for a drive and lost all oil, pressure dropped to zero. The continued driving home, another 5 minutes. According to the kid, the old filter gasket didn't come off with old filter "will this cause a leak?" Inside voice says "well the evidence is in". They ask what they should do.

Add oil, run, pull filter, cut open and examine for chips. "Do I have to?"

No, but if you want to know if you have engine damage this is the way. They re-ask the Q several different ways hoping for a "do nothing , you're fine" answer.

I then say if you've got some oil in the pan you may not have starved it, you can pull the plug, catch the oil and measure.

Pulls out bucket with old oil in it, moves to pull the plug. I ask him how he's gonna measure without emptying the old oil. Quizzical look.

I walk away, 30 minutes later he walks up my drive with some oil in a 1 liter jug (dirty) and says he got this out of the pan, I'm all good. I ask if the .8 liter is all he got, he said the replaced the plug mid stream.

I'm going to start billing for my time.

Pulled the carpet out of my kia after work and pressure washed it. Night and day difference. Now to wait for it to dry and reinstall. Bonus if the salt that came out kills the weeds growing in my interlock driveway.

^ Amazing results done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by IanGTCS View Post
    Pulled the carpet out of my kia after work and pressure washed it. Night and day difference. Now to wait for it to dry and reinstall. Bonus if the salt that came out kills the weeds growing in my interlock driveway.
    I've done the same,a little spray 9 in the stubborn spots prior to thorough pressure wash/rinse and like new results. Shop vac does a pretty good job sucking water out too.

We used to use HOT water and carpet shampoo in the detail shop to remove the salt. It also melts bugs off paint and headlights with no scrubbing required.

Military coup in Niger

the Niger minister of finance to explain the country’s finances and stolen money

He’s be given 48hrs by the military, after a coup overthrow, to explain the country’s missing finances or face execution by firing squad.

Local Tim Hortons has ads up all over the store for the new "Tim Hortons Credit Card" and honestly it felt like I was living in a This Hour has 22 Minutes sketch and was waiting for Mike from Canmore to explain the Timmys Credit Card to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate