Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 246 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 1461962362422432442452462472482492502562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Not in my current state
    Been a stressful week , I will head over to the "hot babes " lol

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Slope View Post
    Richard,

Can you dumb this down for me?
    LOL yeah mattress would be good. During the recent global meltdown money was flowing out of Euro and USD and into Swiss francs as a safe haven which made it stronger against the Euro and USD. This about what happened to Canadian manufacturing, exports, etc when the CDN dollar is strong against the USD, etc - these areas suffer. Swiss wanted to protect their manufacturing/exports so set a limit of 1.20 francs to a Euro (like we have almost 1.20 CDN to 1.0 USD). If it was going below this towards 1.0 then the Swiss Central Bank (SNB) would intervene (basically print currency). The ECB is expected to start their own currency printing soon which would have made the Swiss strategy unsustainable so they surprised everyone (on purpose) and got rid of the 1.20 limit which will impact Swiss employment, exports, etc as the franc strengthens against the Euro. A lot of financial players used the 1.20 limit in their investments/strategies so having the proverbial rug pulled out from under them could mean significant losses (several have already stated they will take larges losses) and bankruptcies (at least 2 currency traders/exchanges filed for bankruptcy as of Thursday already and the fallout will continue). It's always buyer beware but still unexpected from players (like the Swiss) that generally are safe, predictable bets. Comes at a time when the financial markets are already experiencing a variety of shocks (oil, terrorism, Russia, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    If you insist....

Read the description as well. Like I said, you don't see any gruesome stuff, but what you hear can affect you.
    What the fuck Quinn,
    I closed it the second I saw the title, I don't care if there was nothing graphic its a real person dying why would you post that.....

Slope
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    LOL yeah mattress would be good. During the recent global meltdown money was flowing out of Euro and USD and into Swiss francs as a safe haven which made it stronger against the Euro and USD. This about what happened to Canadian manufacturing, exports, etc when the CDN dollar is strong against the USD, etc - these areas suffer. Swiss wanted to protect their manufacturing/exports so set a limit of 1.20 francs to a Euro (like we have almost 1.20 CDN to 1.0 USD). If it was going below this towards 1.0 then the Swiss Central Bank (SNB) would intervene (basically print currency). The ECB is expected to start their own currency printing soon which would have made the Swiss strategy unsustainable so they surprised everyone (on purpose) and got rid of the 1.20 limit which will impact Swiss employment, exports, etc as the franc strengthens against the Euro. A lot of financial players used the 1.20 limit in their investments/strategies so having the proverbial rug pulled out from under them could mean significant losses (several have already stated they will take larges losses) and bankruptcies (at least 2 currency traders/exchanges filed for bankruptcy as of Thursday already and the fallout will continue). It's always buyer beware but still unexpected from players (like the Swiss) that generally are safe, predictable bets. Comes at a time when the financial markets are already experiencing a variety of shocks (oil, terrorism, Russia, etc).
    This is quite a bit easier to digest. Thanks.

My knowledge of foreign banking is limited, as in "non-existent".

TurboFox
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    The good ol carry trade. When volatility picks up these things get hammered because of their positively skewed distributions. Many small gains then few huge losses.

Slope
    The total for my meal last night at the Markham Burger King came to Pipteen Pipty-Pive.

That buys a lotta at BK for $15.55
    I usually eat there for $6.55
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    The total for my meal last night at the Markham Burger King came to Pipteen Pipty-Pive.

LOL! You were cashed out by Pinoy/Pinay

^^ lol

Club Supporter
    This is quite a bit easier to digest. Thanks.

My knowledge of foreign banking is limited, as in "non-existent".
    It's all connected today....wouldn't be surprised if some CDN FI's have a bit of exposure to it. Probably CIBC if any, they seem to stub their toes a lot.