Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 389 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 2893393793853863873883893903913923933994394898891389 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    tallow and lanolin. nice. getting harder to find them like that.
    The post-shave feel is very good but it's not the best I have.

These 2 are at the top (available in tallow or vegan (tre-citta) and both have lanolin: Fougere Imperiale and Fougere Aromatique.

Fougère Imperiale is the more traditional of our creations. We built the scent on an accord of oakmoss, French lavender, tonka bean, and hay absolute, a smell akin to liquid sunshine. We then added West Indian Sandalwood (actually a plant called Amyris) and Siberian Fir for a woody, mineral effect similar to that of the drier fougères that characterized the 1950s and 60s. The rest of the skeleton is constructed around geranium, clary sage absolute, violet leaf, and various other natural oils to produce a fresh, clean, elegant scent reminiscent of the smell of a father's shaving set. Bright, understated, and charmingly smooth, Fougère Imperiale is the ultimate progression of natural perfumery.

Fougère Aromatique is, as its name suggests, the aromatic version of our all-natural fougère, built on an accord of oakmoss, French lavender, tonka bean, and hay absolute, a smell akin to liquid sunshine. We blended the fragrance with touches of lime, cardamom, and thyme as an homage to Invasion Barbare, Stephanie Bakouche's remarkable aromatic masterpiece. The rest of the skeleton is constructed around geranium, clary sage absolute, violet leaf, and various other natural oils to produce a full-power, teeth-out scent completely devoid of any resemblance to the prim little English fripperies that followed the original Fougère Royale a century ago. Rich, gleamingly spicy, and utterly without pretense, Fougère Aromatique is a reminder of what it means to carry yourself with style.

We blend all of our fragrances in house and by hand; we do not and never will use pre-blended fragrances for our soaps. Each batch of fragrance is individually blended for a specific batch of soap; we blend our fragrances each and every time to ensure the absolute highest quality.

Please note that our formula produces a very thirsty soap. More water than you are otherwise accustomed to may be required to provide sufficient glide and keep the lather from drying out, but trust us: it's worth it.

Tallow Ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Tallowate, Aqua, Glycerin, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Coconut Milk, Potassium Kokum Butterate, Sodium Kokum Butterate, Unrefined Shea Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Absolute, Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss) Absolute, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Styrax Benzoin Oil, Foeniculum vulgare (Sweet Fennel) Oil, Pelargonium x asperum (Geranium) Oil, Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage) Absolute, Foin coupe (Hay) Absolute, Dipteryx odorata (Tonka Bean) Absolute, Amyris balsamifera (Amyris) Oil, Abies siberica (Fir) Oil, Boletus edulis (Mushroom) Absolute, Viola odorata (Violet Leaf) Absolute, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Lanolin, Allantoin, Silk Protein, Tocopherol Acetate

Tre Citta Ingredients: Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocoate, Potassium Ricinoleate, Oryza sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Absolute, Evernia prunastri (Oakmoss) Absolute, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Styrax Benzoin Oil, Foeniculum vulgare (Sweet Fennel) Oil, Pelargonium x asperum (Geranium) Oil, Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage) Absolute, Foin coupe (Hay) Absolute, Dipteryx odorata (Tonka Bean) Absolute, Amyris balsamifera (Amyris) Oil, Abies siberica (Fir) Oil, Boletus edulis (Mushroom) Absolute, Viola odorata (Violet Leaf) Absolute, Tocopherol Acetate

Due to the expense inherent in producing a soap of this nature, and to the limited yield of our production, we cannot offer any samples of either fougère soap. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Wow, Euro-Erotica type stuff. I'm old school, for my Tallow and Lanolin fix I go with Mitchell's Wool Fat. Tabac is another old school tallow based soap that I turn too when I need more hair on my chest.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Club Supporter
    Wow, Euro-Erotica type stuff. I'm old school, for my Tallow and Lanolin fix I go with Mitchell's Wool Fat. Tabac is another old school tallow based soap that I turn too when I need more hair on my chest.
    I have MWF (and also the Kent version), use it occasionally and it's good with great post shave feel (top 10) but it doesn't stand up to the newer stuff on all attributes. My main issue with the old school products are some of the ingredients they continue to use that require animal testing due to toxicity, which I would prefer not to "ingest". Same with Tabac - really popular soap/scent but the ingredients are similar in that there are higher levels of toxicity in some of them.

do you two brush your teeth with such fervor as well?
    Like different brushes, pastes, flosses, mouthwash, etc...
    -Don____________

Club Supporter
    There is "natural" toothpaste but Listerine seems to work best for mouthwash...lol

You guys put way to much effort into something I try to avoid at all costs.
    Ryan Matheson
    Matheson Motorsports
    Call/ Text: (416)688-7670

Amsoil T1-Certified Independent Dealer
    Amsoil Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by Amsoil Guy View Post
    I was the same way. a quick dry scrape in the morning and get it over with. then I had my first kid, and realized I could take my time, enjoy the hot water, oils, smells etc without being disturbed by a kid breaking toys or shitting on the floor. "I need to go shave" became a sanctuary of peace, if even for just a few minutes. not to mention I am now about 6 years since my last ingrown neck hair! lol
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsoil Guy View Post
    I didn't like it either previously (cartridges, chemicals in a can) and not really a morning person - at least now I look forward to mornings for this ritual. Even shave on weekends now too since I enjoy it. In-grown hair has reduced about 60-70%.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I didn't like it either previously (cartridges, chemicals in a can) and not really a morning person - at least now I look forward to mornings for this ritual.
    nailed it.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

I was the same way. a quick dry scrape in the morning and get it over with. then I had my first kid, and realized I could take my time, enjoy the hot water, oils, smells etc without being disturbed by a kid breaking toys or shitting on the floor. "I need to go shave" became a sanctuary of peace, if even for just a few minutes. not to mention I am now about 6 years since my last ingrown neck hair! lol
    This made me lol big time.
    ~Scott B