Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,503
Page 452 of 2380 FirstFirst ... 3524024424484494504514524534544554564625025529521452 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 23791

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Both the first and second were great movies.
    '88 LX

Great? Not sure about that. But then again I liked the movie Drive ...
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Yep.. great. I mean, as good as a action flick gets.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

stangstevers
    yay 4 hours of sleep... severe neck/headache last night. Feel like total crap, plus the other company that I interviewed for (for fun) seems to want me to go back. I'm 90% sure I'll get an offer but will negotiate something retarded because 9-5 is so old school and dumb for a company that claims to be so high-tech and "with it". Oh well....

9-5 eh? My current hours are 7:30-4:00. What type of work do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    yay 4 hours of sleep... severe neck/headache last night. Feel like total crap, plus the other company that I interviewed for (for fun) seems to want me to go back. I'm 90% sure I'll get an offer but will negotiate something retarded because 9-5 is so old school and dumb for a company that claims to be so high-tech and "with it". Oh well....

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrape View Post
    9-5 eh? My current hours are 7:30-4:00. What type of work do you do?
    I usually do 6:30 to 2:30ish. I'm a UX Architect by title but the role is more of an IT director since I am setting up strategy, governance models, managing employees, PM'ing BA'ing... I get home by 3:20 normally and check my emails and will work if needed up to 5pm. Sounds like more work but I'm more than happy to do it than be stuck in traffic.

9 to 5 is such a stupid concept, unless you work in a factory line where everyone needs to be in unison. In an IT environment (unless it's support) there's no need for this tomfoolery. You waste so much effort working in standard hours. I wish governments were smarter and mandated things like telecommute and flex hours to save on traffic, pollution and wasted time. 9 to 5 means I'd be home by 7 and have to leave by 7:15 at the latest using public transit. Or even work 12 hour shifts for 3 days.

Smaller offices, no one has their own "spot" anymore - all shared and forced to work from home 3x a week. Meetings are a joke 90% of the time, if we worked more effectively, we could do the same amount of work in much less time too but this 40 hour a week thing is, again, an old fashion concept brought to use office employees from the old days of manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Not4you View Post
    Great? Not sure about that. But then again I liked the movie Drive ...
    It starred a 964 TT, it was GREAT!
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Spoken like a pro! I agree with you. All these people that do 9-5 can probably start work pretty much anytime +/- 1.5 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangstevers View Post
    I usually do 6:30 to 2:30ish. I'm a UX Architect by title but the role is more of an IT director since I am setting up strategy, governance models, managing employees, PM'ing BA'ing... I get home by 3:20 normally and check my emails and will work if needed up to 5pm. Sounds like more work but I'm more than happy to do it than be stuck in traffic.

9 to 5 is such a stupid concept, unless you work in a factory line where everyone needs to be in unison. In an IT environment (unless it's support) there's no need for this tomfoolery. You waste so much effort working in standard hours. I wish governments were smarter and mandated things like telecommute and flex hours to save on traffic, pollution and wasted time. 9 to 5 means I'd be home by 7 and have to leave by 7:15 at the latest using public transit. Or even work 12 hour shifts for 3 days.

Smaller offices, no one has their own "spot" anymore - all shared and forced to work from home 3x a week. Meetings are a joke 90% of the time, if we worked more effectively, we could do the same amount of work in much less time too but this 40 hour a week thing is, again, an old fashion concept brought to use office employees from the old days of manufacturing.

Hagerty bill came in, went down $200 bucks over last year. Nice drop I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Week back from holidays has been surprisingly good. Untill today. Got back from work and the in laws dog that we were dog sitting got out of the back yard. Got picked up by animal control and had no tags. Cost me $197 to get the little shit back. Then I tripped over a toy box at home and smacked up my shin. Then I got a call from a customer who's washer I fixed today. Apparently it's my fault it's doing something compleatly different than it was before and now she has decided that the parts were too expencive which is also my fault and she has demanded I put off the 15 calls I have booked in for tomorow to go back out and she is canceling her check because she is not paying me till it's fixed Fun fun fun