Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 502 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 240245249249849950050150250350450550651255260210021502 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Wouldn't you just close your windows first though which should cut down practically all the noise?
    Sure, but if the windows are closed and you can still hear the car idling....if the car has exhaust mods and a quiet area at night time I can see how it can be annoying.. Again if it was 8pm way out of line, 11pm is a different story, why not wait till the next day.

But that's just me, I'm 32 going on 80 when it comes to respecting noise and my neighbours.

Good to hear I was right to be upset, I was very calm when speaking to him and apologized for the noise as the last thing I want to do is bother others (next door neighbors have backyard stereos I know what its like)
    Car was warmed up I had just got back from logging and was recording idle for a couple min. No revs I come into the neighborhood at 1krpm and try to be respectful.
    Rick it was the tune I rolled in on (quieter idle with fuel smell)
    9:45 at night but all lights were on and didn't think it was an issue as I have asked other neighbors and no one has ever heard me on Fridays when I come home late and leave it running as I move the car so I didn't think he could hear it.
    First time I have ever spoke to the guy period not just about the car, literally don't know his name.

Your car is fine at idle, yes even judged by someone of my most advanced age, dudes a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Good to hear I was right to be upset, I was very calm when speaking to him and apologized for the noise as the last thing I want to do is bother others (next door neighbors have backyard stereos I know what its like)
    Car was warmed up I had just got back from logging and was recording idle for a couple min. No revs I come into the neighborhood at 1krpm and try to be respectful.
    Rick it was the tune I rolled in on (quieter idle with fuel smell)
    9:45 at night but all lights were on and didn't think it was an issue as I have asked other neighbors and no one has ever heard me on Fridays when I come home late and leave it running as I move the car so I didn't think he could hear it.
    First time I have ever spoke to the guy period not just about the car, literally don't know his name.
    I would have ripped the guy 3 new assholes. I don't know you don't touch my fucking car. This sunday walk in his front door and change his TV channel and say sorry I could see what channel you were watching from the street and it was annoying me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    This sunday walk in his front door and change his TV channel and say sorry I could see what channel you were watching from the street and it was annoying me.
    Unless its football...in that case go grab a beer out of his fridge and sit on his couch, then spit the beer out and claim it tastes like shit.
    "Without Warning, Without Conscience"

I would have fuckin lost it on him, neighbors or not. You can make all the noise you please before 10pm.

I was having a get together last summer with some friends.. bbq, drinks ect. It was a Saturday at 7:30pm when my neighbor tells me we are being too loud and the stereo did not need to be that loud.

I cranked the fucker the whole way up (busted a tweeter cause of it) .. he calls the cops. They show up and asked if I could tone it down, I said no... they say ok sorry to bug you. Haven't spoken to my neighbor since.

My neighbor is a asshat, plenty of encounters like this one. That was the first time he called the cops.

Edit: He hates my car.
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    So Im quite pissed off and want others opinion.
    I am doing some data logging with my tuner and after driving needed about 5min of idle. So I left it in the driveway running and went in to get a drink, just as I go to go turn it off I hear the cars off. Neighbour across the street was leaving my driveway and had turned the car off. Said his daughter was going to bed and could hear it. I apologised but said in the future please approach me or knock on the door vs turning the car off. (AKA dont touch my shit) he went on to say that he heard it earlier when I was warming up in the garage before heading out, and I said again why didnt you say anything I was outside... He thinks he did nothing wrong, I admit I am in the wrong if the noise was bothering him (have never heard issue from any other neighbours or my family)
    -Important fact to add, I have Never Spoke to this guy before and I do not know anyone in his family
    Should I be as pissed off as I am? I almost lost a 20 min datalog and what would you do if a stranger went and turned off your car?
    Why is it some people think they can use there kids as an excuse to do what ever the f**k they want , you should've called the police and told them he tried to steal the car

I love everyone's enthusiasm but I like people liking me and I have to co exist living across the street. Spoke to the guy who lives beside him today and he said he didn't hear the car and that he had a similar experience with the guy being rude with him and told him he was making noise one time.

Don't stress trying to have a neighbour like that like you. It won't
    happen. I have neighbors beside me that don't like me. They just don't have the balls to do anything like that. So they just try to talk with us and will passive agressivly mention things we do that clearly annoy them.

The most recent one being a large tree in my backyard. They're saying it sways really bad in the wind and want me to cut it down. I said I'll look into it. Im not lol

Felt like saying,
    Them: Can you cut down that tree
    Me: Do you have house insurance?
    Them: Yes
    Me: FUCK OFF !!

LMAO!
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

Mustang Occasionally
    I suggest a slightly different approach... Go over and talk to him. Tell him you understand and appreciate his concerns and that you'll keep him and his family in mind when you're working on your car. But also, if he has any future concerns, to please speak to you about them prior to jumping in your car. And tell him that if he ever needs any help with anything, not to hesitate to ask you for your help. And when you can, engage him in conversation. Creating a good relationship with your neighbours will be far more rewarding and helpful to you than waging war.