Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 649 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 14954959963964564664764864965065165265365969974911491649 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,490 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

TheMustangShow

Thumbs up

Toronto Licensing Warthog, Tracy Cook, announced today that Toronto Cab drivers will no longer be required to speak any English and Cabs will no longer be required to have snow tires during Winter. #FAIL

Relaxed rules for Toronto taxis

City council asked that Cook draft the regulations in September amid growing unrest from taxi drivers who said that Uber was threatening their livelihood.
    In addition to introducing a new regulatory framework for services like Uber, the guidelines also remove many of the rules and regulations that were previously in effect for the taxi industry.
    Notably, taxi drivers will no longer have to complete initial and refresher training programs to obtain and maintain a licence. Drivers will also no longer have to have a “command of the English language as a condition of licensing” or undergo CPR and First Aid training.
    Several rules governing the types of vehicles that can be used as taxis have also been scrapped.
    No longer will taxis have to be “low emission/hybrid vehicles” or be outfitted with winter tires. Instead, the city will only require that vehicles used as taxis have four doors and are no more than seven model years old, which is the same regulation that would apply to PTC’s.
    The guidelines also give brokerages more flexibility when it comes to pricing, permitting taxi companies to offer rates that are discounted from the city-regulated fares to passengers who book their trip directly with them.
    “These recommendations are enabling operation flexibility beyond what the taxi industry has had in the past,” Cook told reporters at city hall on Thursday. “Our goal here is to make it easier to operate and not be the regulatory burden that the taxi industry has had.”

Full debacle is here: http://www.cp24.com/news/city-propos...axis-1.2849014

stangstevers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post

Wart Hog... Cook? Too easy.

But seriously no... no English (or even trying)... F-you I'm out, probably actually become an Uber customer.

I think we are seeing the "nah Netflix is dumb and never will work" ~ Blockbuster moment.

You've got to be shitting me?
    Let me get this straight: taxi drivers are upset that uber drivers have an unfair advantage because they don't have to follow the same rules and regulations as they do. So the solution is remove the rules and regulations from the taxis?
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    You've got to be shitting me?
    Let me get this straight: taxi drivers are upset that uber drivers have an unfair advantage because they don't have to follow the same rules and regulations as they do. So the solution is remove the rules and regulations from the taxis?
    Anarchy for everyone!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

I'm really getting sick of these videos that are spreading all over social media, that create the illusion that these great meals are so easy and wonderful. just because it is a 60 second video doesnt mean its simple. Someone shared one that involved 15 separate ingredients, 4 separate preparation stages, 3 separate cooking stages, 4 bowls/pans and 4 utensils. so yeah, go try that shit and see if you can make it in 60 seconds. dipshits.
    BECAUSE RACECAR

Uh oh, someone Pinterest failed
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

A good bagel and lox and a nice cuppa coffee make mornings suck a lot less.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

Got Guns n Roses tickets for the show in July. Added bonus is that it is on my birthday. Pretty pumped.

WTF
    the real estate madness on my street continues

new build that was just finished and listed about 2 weeks ago

sold....$2.3 million.....on a 40'x135' lot

seems like maybe 2 years ago the top price was $1.8 million....now it's $500k higher already

absolute lunacy

speedfreak
    Holy shit im excited just over 3 weeks away till im back DEEP in Algonquin park camping! WOOHOO!!!!!