Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 676 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 17657662666667267367467567667767867968068672677611761676 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,760 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

You have not received renewal or confirmation full insurance is back on after storage? If it's the later, many ins co's don't send out a notice beyond your broker or rep telling you verbally over the phone.
    Next, MTO not having / showing confirmation on their system when an officer runs your plate. In my experience (it's happened twice to me with the Cobra) it falls squarely on the MTO's screwed up system. Rep at Hagarty explained, they have a person in the office that deals with that exact problem for the peeps in Ontario they insure, yes it's super common. Two years ago, it took them sending the info through several times before MTO got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    In the past, before I had classic coverage (year round), my broker would fax me a copy of the insurance slip if it had not arrived in the mail yet. No way would I drive around without a proper insurance slip.

Not sure now with the new computer insurance database the cops have access to. That continues to be a clusterfuck. I don't understand why they system isn't realtime? You put insurance on the car, it should update the system immediately. Regardless, a temporary faxed insurance slip should be valid.
    Ridiculous it's not just that easy Don. I was even in the MTO office trying to renew plates with my paid policy / cancelled check in hand, not acceptable until it showed on the system.

Absolutely ridiculous that this day and age that their system is so flawed. The airlines and travel companies have been successfully updating seating plans and tickets online for decades.
    -Don____________

Yes sir.

Am I understanding correctly that my broker may have submitted to have full coverage as he has confirmed with me but the mto system may not reflect?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post
    Am I understanding correctly that my broker may have submitted to have full coverage as he has confirmed with me but the mto system may not reflect?

Yup. It's not instantaneous. I put insurance back on my car a full two weeks before I pulled it out of storage so I wouldn't have to deal with any issues like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NickD View Post

As Chris said, exactly that. More likely vs not, problem is at the MTO end. Frustrating as hell.
    Pissed me off to no end as my car has full insurance on it 12 months of the year and renewal was the previous fall.

tulowd
    The law is clear when being pulled over. Proof of insurance, not whether its in their system. Different scenario when fighting at MTO for lic plates.

Totally wrong that your broker didn't email you a temp slip 10 sec after hanging up the phone with you. Mine always emails me, then the real one arrives in the mail one or 2 days later.

You're lucky - the cop could have written you and you would have a ticket on your record now.

The law is clear when being pulled over. Proof of insurance, not whether its in their system. Different scenario when fighting at MTO for lic plates.

Law is clear, how officers move forward even if you have a slip is a whole other ball game. Friend was pulled over, had slip, car towed for no insurance cause the computer said he didn't have it. Officers take, could have taken out the policy, cancelled and retained slip. He of course beat it in court but what a freakin hassle for no good reason.

tulowd
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post

Law is clear, how officers move forward even if you have a slip is a whole other ball game. Friend was pulled over, had slip, car towed for no insurance cause the computer said he didn't have it. Officers take, could have taken out the policy, cancelled and retained slip. He of course beat it in court but what a freakin hassle for no good reason.
    Did the judge let the cop have it, or did your bud mouth off to John Law ? Total fail sorry to hear. Welcome to the Republik of Ontario.