Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464
Page 686 of 2377 FirstFirst ... 18658663667668268368468568668768868969069673678611861686 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 23766

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Drove my car once this year...

Taking a week off work soon, hope to figure out this whole etest thing.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    Been awhile since I've driven a relatively mildly modded mustang but I'm starting to think my cars down on power significantly.

My old 00Gt with 3.73's and otherwise stock would spin 2 second gear no problem, this 4.6 engine in my fox supposedly has ported heads, has long tubes and full exhaust with 3.73's and it won't break the tires loose in second gear..

Had the car out today and really got on it for the first time and seems something is up, I think I still have an exhaust leak that I'm trying to sort out, hoping it's not leaking at the head otherwise it's beyond me being able to fix at home.

I have to assume its stock tune in it to which I'm sure isn't helping.

Maybe a 5L coyote swap might happen sooner than later.
    Gotta be something up, should be a screamer.

Maybe you just have better traction than your '00?

I had the same sensation after I installed my TA. It wasn't less power, it was better traction.
    -Don____________

Coyote swaps are just so bizarrely over priced but good luck if to go that route

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Gotta be something up, should be a screamer.
    That's what I was thinking, the weight difference alone should make it pretty quick... I was hoping this was a pretty strong motor and maybe run it for awhile and maybe go turbo..this has me wondering what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Maybe you just have better traction than your '00?

I had the same sensation after I installed my TA. It wasn't less power, it was better traction.
    Not sure Don, just doesn't feel as strong as I remember my 2000 to be stock, was a long time ago, prob 10yrs ago or so, I chalked it up when test driving to me be used to my Shelby, and before that the cobra but now I'm thinking there is more to this than me.

Mike what motor were you told it had? And mods?

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Mike what motor were you told it had? And mods?
    96 block refreshed stock internals, ported Pi heads, Pi intake, it has long tubes, catted x pipe and flow master cat back

I know it had a blower on it at one point, just wondering if this is a tune issue now?

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    96 block refreshed stock internals, ported Pi heads, Pi intake, it has long tubes, catted x pipe and flow master cat back

I know it had a blower on it at one point, just wondering if this is a tune issue now?
    I was told it has a 2000 GT motor. Ya it would have been tuned for Roush blower. Any chance you can check AFR with gauge? Or did they give you a handheld?
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    I was told it has a 2000 GT motor. Ya it would have been tuned for Roush blower. Any chance you can check AFR with gauge? Or did they give you a handheld?
    No i didn't get a tuner with it, I assumed it would have been returned to stock tune, but stock 1996 tune running Pi heads/intake? Has to be tune issues with that alone...There's some unknowns that I need to sort out, don't want to just give up and throw money at it but I want a reliable cruiser at the same time.

I have an appraisal (not sure if it's your friend who built it) supplied the info, and it says 96 block.

There's a cheap 2v PI engine my friend told me about on gtamc I was thinking of grabbing, has engine harness and all, be a good way to get all my EGR equipment at the same time..

Sorry if this story is hard to follow I've had a few haha

My buddy said its a 2002 PI motor with ported heads. He said its 01 or 02 cuz 8bolt crank. Yes harness and pcm are from a 96. Also the harness has been converted to run the COP from a newer motor. I'd give a long hard look at the harness and pcm.