Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,494
Page 694 of 2379 FirstFirst ... 19459464468469069169269369469569669769870474479411941694 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 23783

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Garage looks amazing 03SVT.
    Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    You have good taste in cars

- - - Updated - - -

03-04 cobra style
    Oh ok - thought it was something like this: http://bossincstyle.com/tdr87.html

Cervini?

Looks great![/QUOTE]

No it's not a Cervani, it's a custom built hood, it's actually a cobra hood grafted onto a fox hood.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Fragrance notes of powdery exhaust and motor oil...
    "Powdery" exhaust? What exactly is that?
    -Don____________

WTF
    I love proving my mother-in-law wrong

when Jodi was in the hospital last year I said as soon as the doctors say it's OK to start weight lifting then she's starting....my mother-in-law's comment was it will be a "very loooong time before she's doing any of that"

bullshit.....6 weeks after being released from the hospital....and barely 90lbs, the doc gave me the go-ahead.....and 9.5 months later and 24 solid pounds of muscle later....she's a strong little thing now

one of the challenges Jodi has had since she started training is a condition called "frozen shoulder"....which as the name describes...has limited her ability to do certain chest and shoulder exercises because her right shoulder suffers from the condition.....and wouldn't you know it...my mother-in-law suffers from the same condition

my mother-in-law's take on "frozen shoulder" is that nothing will help it and that it will eventually just go away.....and she's had the condition now for 4 or 5 years with no improvement

again I say bullshit....my take on an unhealthy shoulder freezing up is because of lack of exercise in the first place....and to get the joint back to health takes training and stretching....pick exercises that you can do and just do those until the joint gets healthier and then add in more exercises as the range of motion returns

9.5 months ago Jodi couldn't press her right arm directly above her head...the only chest exercise she could do was very light incline dumbbell press and the only shoulder exercise she could do was a very light front shoulder raise

yesterday's chest/shoulder/tricep routine went as follows:

incline dumbbell press for 12 reps
    incline dumbbell flies for 12 reps
    seated dumbbell shoulder press for 12 reps
    standing shoulder laterals for 12 reps
    dumbbell kick backs for 12 reps
    cable straight-bar pushdowns for 12 reps

and she repeated all 6 exercises 4 times for a total of 24 sets and 288 reps in about 15 minutes....and she was freakin pumped

wrong again there mother-in-law.....

BRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP jibbijib's Avatar
    People speak based on experience, and when you have 0 experience you have the same amount of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Intmdtr View Post
    if he can pull out and pass a Honda civic, that thing is modded in my books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not4You
    I know how to blow trannies!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    "Powdery" exhaust? What exactly is that?
    Weird way to describe it but in a short pre-release video the owner described it as the exhaust/oil smell he remembers when working on his bike (Harley I think).

03svt
    Bill better stop his slacking and get back to work....I've got a car to buy

Mustang Occasionally
    A car? Ok... Is it a Mustang or a Focus RS?

03svt
    Not a mustang...but not an RS, I wish.

Mustang Occasionally
    The new 2.7 Twin Turbo AWD Fusion?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    I love proving my mother-in-law wrong

when Jodi was in the hospital last year I said as soon as the doctors say it's OK to start weight lifting then she's starting....my mother-in-law's comment was it will be a "very loooong time before she's doing any of that"

bullshit.....6 weeks after being released from the hospital....and barely 90lbs, the doc gave me the go-ahead.....and 9.5 months later and 24 solid pounds of muscle later....she's a strong little thing now

one of the challenges Jodi has had since she started training is a condition called "frozen shoulder"....which as the name describes...has limited her ability to do certain chest and shoulder exercises because her right shoulder suffers from the condition.....and wouldn't you know it...my mother-in-law suffers from the same condition

my mother-in-law's take on "frozen shoulder" is that nothing will help it and that it will eventually just go away.....and she's had the condition now for 4 or 5 years with no improvement

again I say bullshit....my take on an unhealthy shoulder freezing up is because of lack of exercise in the first place....and to get the joint back to health takes training and stretching....pick exercises that you can do and just do those until the joint gets healthier and then add in more exercises as the range of motion returns

9.5 months ago Jodi couldn't press her right arm directly above her head...the only chest exercise she could do was very light incline dumbbell press and the only shoulder exercise she could do was a very light front shoulder raise

yesterday's chest/shoulder/tricep routine went as follows:

incline dumbbell press for 12 reps
    incline dumbbell flies for 12 reps
    seated dumbbell shoulder press for 12 reps
    standing shoulder laterals for 12 reps
    dumbbell kick backs for 12 reps
    cable straight-bar pushdowns for 12 reps

and she repeated all 6 exercises 4 times for a total of 24 sets and 288 reps in about 15 minutes....and she was freakin pumped

wrong again there mother-in-law.....

I follow a similar philosophy to recovery and self-improvement. I have had reconstructive ACL surgery on both of my knees due to sports injuries. I was told I would need 6-9 months of recovery and rehab for each surgery. The first surgery I worked my butt off and was fully functional within 4 1/2 months, the second within 5 months (delayed slightly due to a post surgery infection).

During the recovery from my second surgery when I had the infection mentioned above I was losing a couple weeks in recovery and starting to get worried that I was missing my window for a full recovery (I had a hamstring graph and you need to work consistently on stretching out your hamstring post surgery to get your range of motion back, too long and the ligament will never be able to further stretch, similar to atrophy). A month into the ordeal my physiotherapist told me I needed to start thinking about the fact that I may never get my range of motion back, specifically not being able to hyperextend my knee (ie push the back of your knee to the floor and lift your heal off the ground when sitting on the ground with your legs extended). I couldn't fathom the thought process of this "professional", fired her the next day and spent the next few months working my but off to regain the range of motion and leg speed and strength.

4 years later and I have never looked back.

Great to hear Jodi's hard work is paying off for her, sounds like she is going to come out of this entire ordeal stronger and healthier than ever