Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,625
Page 718 of 2384 FirstFirst ... 21861866870871471571671771871972072172272876881812181718 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 23839

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Deciding to spend money on a boat is not to be taken lightly.. What are you using it for primarily? I have buddies who have kick ass Bass boats and go fishing almost every weekend. If you have a cottage then a boat is pretty much a must, or a PWC.. Growing up on Lake Simcoe every summer was always fun.. Boating everyday. But now that I'm not there, just doesn't seem as important.
    Last year I was debating getting a boat and a tow rig and start camping more, but at the end of it, how often would I really be going camping. Would seem like the boat would only get used a few times a year, and when you're investing between 20-40K (depending on the boat) would just seem like a waste of money!!
    Would still love to have me a nice speed boat, but I's rather have a place on the water before pulling the trigger on that..
    I did however talk to Joanna about selling the house and living on a boat full time.. She's open to the idea, but now's not the time for us.. Maybe in a few more years!!

The 'Bust Out Another Thousand' term really depends on what kind of boat your talking about.

A used deep v aluminum can be found used for under $10k ready to hit the water. If your talking 20ft+ fibreglass boats with a 250 on the back.. Then yeah be ready to spend some coin on purchase and maintenance.

I love my 16.5 alum with a 50 merc.. But it's strictly a fishing machine.

I'm out every weekend from April to November. Then again I don't have kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

Anyone here into sail boats?
    I've always been interested but I'd have to learn how to sale.
    Lots of decent small sail boats can be had for under 10k

03svt
    Glad I posted up my intentions guys, helpful advice really.

Was thinking 18-20' bow rider, something I could fish off of and wifey could lay in the sun. I didn't do my research on maintance or reliability.

Fuel isn't really an issue, tank of fuel for the day out on the water isn't a deal breaker... BUT thinking if I don't have a ton of time to drive the car I just have to pull out of my garage how much am I going to use the boat that I'll have to pull to destinations....

Thanks for the advice guys.

Armen would still like your car.
    -Don____________

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Armen would still like your car.
    Shoot me a pm Armen and we can talk

You know where to find it haha

I married into a family with a boat access only cottage. Huge expense for not that much use besides going back and forth. And did they get a pontoon boat to make it easy to bring supplies over? Of course not, they got a bow rider for all that tubing and water skiing they have never done with it. At least with a pontoon you can fish comfortably and haul lumber over.

Honestly, rent a boat a few times and see if you want one. And add up all the costs you think you will encounter and double it. Unless you fish a lot or have a cottage it probably isn't worth it.

Yeah, I'm not a boat fan. But I have thought about getting a cheap sailboat for the cottage. Because I too am crazy.

Back to work tomorrow. Not the best of places to work but it's better than EI.
    Follow me on Instagram @ray721_14gt for car pics and general shenanigans

Because Rayscar!!!!

03svt
    One more sleep till I pick up the truck

Quote Originally Posted by Ray721 View Post
    Back to work tomorrow. Not the best of places to work but it's better than EI.
    Still with the union? Hope your new gig works out.
    '88 LX