Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,464
Page 724 of 2377 FirstFirst ... 22462467471472072172272372472572672772873477482412241724 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 23766

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    That's crazy! large house?
    Yes, lots of room but too much grass to cut and don't get me started on the taxes in King Township.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Then I'd sell the a/c and get that payment going on the R! (assuming you can find one at MSRP)
    Would be nice but the Boss will not let me buy a new car and yes she wears the pants in the family. However, I have not ruled out a Coyote swap in my 08 yet.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Yes, lots of room but too much grass to cut and don't get me started on the taxes in King Township.
    Jeebus, now I'm curious how big of a house haha, my 4000sqft is about half your hydro w/pool running 14hrs a day and a/c cranked..

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    Jeebus, now I'm curious how big of a house haha, my 4000sqft is about half your hydro w/pool running 14hrs a day and a/c cranked..
    Over 6000 including the walk out lower level. I have pretty much got the kids (grown adults who can't afford to move out in this economy and housing market) to turn out the lights as they leave a room but we have at least 6 cable boxes sucking power all the time. Which reminds me good old Rogers is going to up the price of TMN next month. We still have two patio doors to replace (3 done so far) and about 8 more old wood frame windows to do. I was amazed at the difference a new window makes. Stand in front of an old one and sweat from the sun and in front of a new one and you feel nothing.

Mustang Occasionally
    Do you keep your windows covered with drapes/blinds on hot days? When I moved into my new place the walkout patio door to the back was uncovered (never had been apparently). The sun would come in thru that one in the morning and warm up the house pretty quick. I covered it with some heavy black out type drapes and it made a big difference - so a/c didn't have to work as hard and came on less. I've since replaced the a/c and the furnace with new hi-efficiency units anyway but I figure every little bit helps.

That is a retarded hydro bill... I pay less every 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '88 LX

I have a century home with original single pane windows in the lower level. Central air, three fish tanks and a pond out back running. And have yet to break 180 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Do you keep your windows covered with drapes/blinds on hot days? When I moved into my new place the walkout patio door to the back was uncovered (never had been apparently). The sun would come in thru that one in the morning and warm up the house pretty quick. I covered it with some heavy black out type drapes and it made a big difference - so a/c didn't have to work as hard and came on less. I've since replaced the a/c and the furnace with new hi-efficiency units anyway but I figure every little bit helps.
    Main floor and upstairs absolutely, however my daughter has German Shepard's running wild downstairs and they make short work of any door or window coverings they have access to. Not necessarily deliberately just enthusiasm if you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    That is a retarded hydro bill... I pay less every 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I shut the cottage down for the season I have a $100 bill each spring with zero usage.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I have a century home with original single pane windows in the lower level. Central air, three fish tanks and a pond out back running. And have yet to break 180 per month.
    You bring up a good point, we have a large pond with a 1HP pump that runs during the day. Have had it shut off in this heat as the pond is very low with the little rain we have been getting.
    This is staring to make sense, effluent pump and well pump etc, etc.

If the Boss would go for a gas dryer we could probably save significantly. This would be a great idea as we could have a gas line installed in the garage at the same time!

Built not bought! Follow this link to my 08 GT/CS Air Lift Performance Suspension Install Thread or this link to my Garage Thread

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my car and parts for what I told her they cost!

Electric dryer and electric water heater are your big users.

Due to space and location we could not go with a gas water heater so I installed a hybrid that uses electric as well as a heat pump. It was an expensive unit but when I added the big pond pump to run the water fall my bill stayed pretty much the same. Also went threw the house and replaced all the lights I could with led's.

Anyone have own a 2016 Cadillac ATS?