Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 757 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 25765770774775375475575675775875976076176780785712571757 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

WTF
    had my first colonoscopy yesterday....ooohhh the joys of getting older

for those of you awaiting this camera crew adventure.....when folks say the procedure is a breeze but the prep is a bitch....they are 1000% correct

they knock you out for the procedure....so you feel nothing, know nothing, say nothing....and basically have the best 1hr nap you've ever had

the prep though.....it's drinking 4 litres of the most hideous-tasting drain cleaner ever.... and having your body react like someone put a garden hose with a power nozzle down your throat and blasting water straight out your ass for 3 hours

here's my tip....they say the drain cleaner "tastes better" when chilled. don't fucking bother....the stuff tastes like complete shit.....and after drinking 3 litres of it ice-cold in about an hour you're now shivering your ass off while preparing to blast off

save yourself some level of grief by drinking the shit room temperature and you won't be shaking like a leaf while shitting like a projectile

so....after basically not eating for like 30-odd hours and turning myself into a water-rocket the upside is:

no cancer
    no crohn's
    no colitis
    no diverticulosis
    no diverticulitis

so....I guess it was a pretty good day

Before someone gets hurt or killed, will those not in the know please leave their brakes to someone that is qualified to work on them. The number we are getting in where a catastrophic failure was right around the next corner continues to grow. Hey what could go wrong, it's only brake pads.
    Same goes for suspension parts, control arms untorqued or held in place with low / zero grade bolts because "the Ford ones are too expensive" or just as bad, by undersized fasteners (7/16 bolt in a 1/2" hole or similar).

TheMustangShow
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post

for those of you awaiting this camera crew adventure.....when folks say the procedure is a breeze but the prep is a bitch....they are 1000% correct

they knock you out for the procedure....so you feel nothing, know nothing, say nothing....and basically have the best 1hr nap you've ever had

the prep though.....it's drinking 4 litres of the most hideous-tasting drain cleaner ever.... and having your body react like someone put a garden hose with a power nozzle down your throat and blasting water straight out your ass for 3 hours

here's my tip....they say the drain cleaner "tastes better" when chilled. don't fucking bother....the stuff tastes like complete shit.....and after drinking 3 litres of it ice-cold in about an hour you're now shivering your ass off while preparing to blast off

save yourself some level of grief by drinking the shit room temperature and you won't be shaking like a leaf while shitting like a projectile

so....after basically not eating for like 30-odd hours and turning myself into a water-rocket the upside is:

no cancer
    no crohn's
    no colitis
    no diverticulosis
    no diverticulitis

LOL and congrats on the clean bill.

My Doc told me I don't have to get one until 50 yrs old, due to no family history.
    That said, 50 is coming up for me and really not looking forward to the Butt Fountain.

^^^I've had a few. First one I did with no "knock out" meds...second one I asked for the meds, LOL!!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMustangShow View Post
    LOL and congrats on the clean bill.

My Doc told me I don't have to get one until 50 yrs old, due to no family history.
    That said, 50 is coming up for me and really not looking forward to the Butt Fountain.
    I'm 49 with no family history

don't chill the drain cleaner...you'll thank me later

Best news in the world Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post

no cancer
    no crohn's
    no colitis
    no diverticulosis
    no diverticulitis

Couldn't have said it better myself! Great news that you had no signs! I had mine at 40 and now every five years going forward unless I have symptoms. Family history and my job has an extremely high incidence of colorectal cancer.

I think the best part was being told I have to fart in public! I think the entire floor heard me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

WTF
    so....my partner in crime here at the office is arguably the luckiest guy around

he's a big bicycle rider.....used to compete against Armstrong as a teenager to give you an idea of his skill and determination level

anyhoo...at 46 he's more or less a hobbyist but likes to do the odd contest

in June he bailed off his mountain bike in a comp at Lake Placid and broke his clavicle to the tune of a metal bar with 8 screws....the purpose of the Lake Placid race was to qualify for the mountain bike comp in August in Leadville Colorado

surgeon says stay off the bike for a couple of months

and he's back on his road-bike within weeks

so he sets up this bucket-list road-bike trip for September which is a 10-day trek through the Pyrenees in the south of France near the Spanish border....these crazy muthers ride 200kms per day through insane inclines/declines

day 7 he goes down....misjudged the crazy slow speed of another rider on a down slope and went off the road

and....broke his neck

C5, C6, and C7 broken....and the C5 disc was pushed out of the spinal column

and he walked away

had surgery in Pau....so he's got even more metal in his body now.....but he's got full use of all limbs

he just got back yesterday....won't be back in the office full time for a bit....but he broke his damn neck and walked away

he mush be the luckiest guy I know

and he plans to go back and finish the ride next year.....it's in his DNA and I can appreciate that

Sounds like it's also in his DNA that he can't dial it back a few notches.
    Good friend of mine had a bad cycling accident and busted up his legs. He is now not permitted to ride. He recovered completely, but if he gets on a bike again he will do the same thing.
    -Don____________

WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    Sounds like it's also in his DNA that he can't dial it back a few notches.
    it's probably why him and I get along so well...I think he's a mental case with the riding....but he thinks I'm a mental case with the weight lifting

as much as I'll likely be insinuating that he should stay the fuck off the damn bike for a while...I know I'd probably be doing the same if riding was my thing

you can't ride 200kms per day through the Pyranees without dialing it up a few notches....especially at 46 years old

trust me when I tell ya I won't be encouraging him to go full retard...walking away from a broken neck is like winning a freakin lottery and he had me shitting a brick for a bit.....but I get the insanity to keep pushing