Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 858 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 35875880884885485585685785885986086186286890895813581858 ... LastLast
Results 8,571 to 8,580 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

So you've got a piece of steel in your eye, busy as hell n don't have half a day to sit in emergency for hours but need the piece out pronto cause it's making your eye look n feel like a glowing sun. What to do, McGyver to the rescue. No longer wear contacts but have a few new in the package kicking around. Flush my eye with saline, contact in and let it settle, contact out and check for any debris. Repeat as necessary with tiny bit showing up on try four or five. Flush the eye again n repeat with contact to be sure piece was a Lone Ranger. Still burning n hurting like hell, actually it's worst after contact in and out so many times. Finish up with liberal squirt of Polysporin eye drops n allow a few hours to pass.
    Not even close to normal yet but it's eased up a ton n glow is down to a dull roar.
    Mission accomplished.

Keep in mind, I'm also the guy that drained fluid from below his own knee cap with one of Kath's insulin needles. Not so bad but man do you jump when ya miss n hit a nerve. Also removed stitches from my own mouth (used bathroom mirror) after a botched tooth extraction n dug out a shard of tooth the doc missed n had my mouth swollen at mach 10.

Careful! metal is one thing but way way worse if you miss a peice and it starts to rust. Worked with a guy that had that happen. They had to go in with a tiny drill and grind out the mess. Not a fun experince.

ZR, mechanic by day... surgeon by night

well done, I hate the ER.
    '88 LX

When fluid starts dripping out shit gets serious

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Careful! metal is one thing but way way worse if you miss a peice and it starts to rust. Worked with a guy that had that happen. They had to go in with a tiny drill and grind out the mess. Not a fun experince.
    Already been down that road some time back. Yes drill / grinder to remove then scraped the surface of my eyeball with scalpel to remove the rust. Not pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    So you've got a piece of steel in your eye, busy as hell n don't have half a day to sit in emergency for hours but need the piece out pronto cause it's making your eye look n feel like a glowing sun. What to do, McGyver to the rescue. No longer wear contacts but have a few new in the package kicking around. Flush my eye with saline, contact in and let it settle, contact out and check for any debris. Repeat as necessary with tiny bit showing up on try four or five. Flush the eye again n repeat with contact to be sure piece was a Lone Ranger. Still burning n hurting like hell, actually it's worst after contact in and out so many times. Finish up with liberal squirt of Polysporin eye drops n allow a few hours to pass.
    Not even close to normal yet but it's eased up a ton n glow is down to a dull roar.
    Mission accomplished.
    Remind me to bring you a couple bottles of eye drops etc next time I come.
    Good to hear you got it out but Id still suggest get it looked at (or come visit me at work I have a scope with HD video system set up in the office as we speak)

Sweet Kenworth at the quarry today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Help me Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me Allah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me! Help me Oprah Winfrey!” — Ricky Bobby

^^^nice rig

what quarry?
    I used to work at Walker Brothers for a while.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    I want to live there but pay $300

(thousand that is)
    I think you mean rent for 300