Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 880 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 38078083087087687787887988088188288388489093098013801880 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Yep, customers can be fun. It isn't the 90% of people that cause any issue, it is that small number who make anyone who deals with the public go crazy. I also work in a small enough town that you run into a fair number of people around and realize that it isn't you, they are just assholes.

I have to say working at the front desk and dealing with customers has made me far nicer to every cashier and retail worker I encounter.

For some, being a complete and utter asshole to peeps in retail, done it so many times they figure it's the way it's suppose to be. However, having peeps working the counter or preparing food in say a "coffee shop" who have no real knowledge of how Canadian food is normally prepared / served here n putting let's say honey mustard on a BLT is a sure fire way to make someone nutz when they bite in. Old Marge working in the small town version of the same knows full well it's likely a mistake on the order takers behalf n would question first. Where the fire is sure to spark, when normally polite customer A goes back in for them to remake only to be told by someone barely able to communicate, "swir, dhatz how yu urdered at". It's become a drive through, fast food joke how many unqualified peeps are on the front lines working in positions where good communication skills should be a must. Not picking on anyone from anywhere, don't care if your green, purple or blue n have six heads, if you can do the job, have at it.

On the flip side, even when being reasonable, all too often takes pushing way harder vs what it should for a mfg / vendor to do the right thing. No not the customer version of the right thing, the real right thing.
    Yet another part of our lives where common sense by parties on both sides of the counter would see all of our lives run just that much smoooooooooooooother.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    For some, being a complete and utter asshole to peeps in retail, done it so many times they figure it's the way it's suppose to be. However, having peeps working the counter or preparing food in say a "coffee shop" who have no real knowledge of how Canadian food is normally prepared / served here n putting let's say honey mustard on a BLT is a sure fire way to make someone nutz when they bite in. Old Marge working in the small town version of the same knows full well it's likely a mistake on the order takers behalf n would question first. Where the fire is sure to spark, when normally polite customer A goes back in for them to remake only to be told by someone barely able to communicate, "swir, dhatz how yu urdered at". It's become a drive through, fast food joke how many unqualified peeps are on the front lines working in positions where good communication skills should be a must. Not picking on anyone from anywhere, don't care if your green, purple or blue n have six heads, if you can do the job, have at it.

On the flip side, even when being reasonable, all too often takes pushing way harder vs what it should for a mfg / vendor to do the right thing. No not the customer version of the right thing, the real right thing.
    Yet another part of our lives where common sense by parties on both sides of the counter would see all of our lives run just that much smoooooooooooooother.

Your not wrong. Went to Wendys the other day. Asked for a burger no cheese. Only bacon ketchup and mustard. Took three tries to get it right. Didn't need to yell or stomp my feet once. Just took some patience tomexplane I don't like onions and can't eat cheese.

But some days I don't even know what customers want.
    GE has had a defect with some of their new washers. They caught it fairly early but it ended up spanning a larger number than they originally thought.
    Warranty policy is repair vs replace but once WE realized how big the problem was we pulled the units from the floor and pushed for replacement for people who were having the issue. When that looked like it was gonna be a fight we replaced all the washers we had sold of the that series out of our own pocket with a different make and model. I still have not been reimbursed for them all and what thanks do I get from the customers?
    Bad reviews that call us horrible people, say we purposefully sold defective units, say we lied to people. Just a whole bunch of untrue stuff.

You get most customers that are frustrated and rightly so but also under standing that we are doing everything we can and then grateful when we paused to replace. One sweet old lady even offered to pay again for the new one ( I wouldn't here of it)

But then that other handful is just pissed that they have been inconvenienced. And set out on a war path to cause as much harm to your reputation as they can.

Even when you replace. Then they want money back but still want to keep the washer. It's come to a patient were people thing that Andy time they are inconvienced a business should print out the check book and pay.

All I can do to control myself when standing in line n hearing what comes out of some peeps mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Your not wrong. Went to Wendys the other day. Asked for a burger no cheese. Only bacon ketchup and mustard. Took three tries to get it right. Didn't need to yell or stomp my feet once. Just took some patience tomexplane I don't like onions and can't eat cheese.
    What's with Wendy's? Last time I was in there EVERY burger had cheese on it. Even just the plain burger ....had cheese on it.
    Cheeseburger...cheeseburger...cheeseburger.
    -Don____________

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What's with Wendy's? Last time I was in there EVERY burger had cheese on it. Even just the plain burger ....had cheese on it.
    Maybe they hired Oprah as their cheese placer. "Cheese for you and cheese for you. EVERYBODY GETS CHEESE!

Because a burger without cheese just aint a burger

Extra cheese for me please.
    '88 LX

Club Supporter
    Dairy mafia conspiracy?

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post

But some days I don't even know what customers want.
    GE has had a defect with some of their new washers. They caught it fairly early but it ended up spanning a larger number than they originally thought.
    Warranty policy is repair vs replace but once WE realized how big the problem was we pulled the units from the floor and pushed for replacement for people who were having the issue. When that looked like it was gonna be a fight we replaced all the washers we had sold of the that series out of our own pocket with a different make and model. I still have not been reimbursed for them all and what thanks do I get from the customers?
    Bad reviews that call us horrible people, say we purposefully sold defective units, say we lied to people. Just a whole bunch of untrue stuff.

You get most customers that are frustrated and rightly so but also under standing that we are doing everything we can and then grateful when we paused to replace. One sweet old lady even offered to pay again for the new one ( I wouldn't here of it)

But then that other handful is just pissed that they have been inconvenienced. And set out on a war path to cause as much harm to your reputation as they can.

Even when you replace. Then they want money back but still want to keep the washer. It's come to a patient were people thing that Andy time they are inconvienced a business should print out the check book and pay.
    No reason for anyone to be a dick to folks on the front line - it's almost always management's fault (ie. bad hire, poor training, bad P&P's, bad process, etc).

Sounds like a messed up scenario where you try to do the right thing and still get dinged for it - do you think there could be a communication issue?

In the washer case it was a huge fault with a part in the controls that covers an entire build series and it happened at the same time GE had that fire in their building. (A building that had the only backup for all their service and sales networking programs) so something that would have normally been a smaller inconvenience turned into a big problem

Most manufactures will not authorize replacement if the product can be fixed. But the system being down for a month ment all service communication had to be routed threw Mexico. Enter language barrier.

I totally understand the customers frustration and we were totally up front with all of the. About what happened and what was going on with GE. But when it was obvious that it wasn't an easy fix we finally swapped them by ourselves with another manufacture.
    So it's been a fight getting my money back because even if you get authorization for an exchange it's usually an exchange for the same product. Since they were all having issues. We didn't wait for that
    Ultimately swapping out what 40 units ranging in price from 600 to 900 each out of my own pocket to help out customers for something I had no control over and then having some of them trash me for it is just frustrating and disheartening.
    Especially when some of the reviews attack us directly or out right lie. I was fixing old machines at my cost and offering them as loaners untill we could get replacements. To have people say no thanks to a loaner then wright a review saying we offered on help and left them without a washer for a month is just crap

Either way. I'm just venting