Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,625
Page 921 of 2384 FirstFirst ... 421821871911917918919920921922923924925931971102114211921 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,210 of 23839

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

See there's no play on either of mine and of course I'm talking about the 3650 Cup and Ball mount transmission and shifter...I have no idea about others...but there is no play fwd or back at all, you can stand on that thing and it doesn't budge, plus if your shift stops are mounted properly there should never be any pressure on the rest of the internals...even without the shift stops it's solid

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    What has GR been talking about non-stop for the last 2 months? Changes the conversation to it no matter what subject you are trying to talk about, LOL.

Dave, when your in any gear and keep even slight pressure either forward or back, your wearing out the above. Stops are to prevent over pushing the fork itself. It's why we sometimes get in a low mileage / never been abused trans in that either tics or grinds when shifting into certain gears (normally second and maybe 4th) where a person is more apt to keep / rest their hand on the shifter n wear pads n blockers out.

I don't see how...when the ball is not touching anything? Where is the pressure going? I could see if it was a hooked up through cables or something where there might be some play?
    I would think that it's mostly caused by bad shifting...a never abused transmission still doesn't mean you know how to shift properly LOL
    IMO anyways

When it's in gear, hand off the shifter, fork basically self centers itself holding pressure off the fork, fork pads n blockers. Even slight pressure, forward or back on the shifter, wears em out in short order. Very similar to how brake pads release on a rotor, tiny clearance.
    If you saw a trans stripped, you'd be surprised how little clearance there is in the slot fork slides into.

Lol ghost quit finding excuses to rest your hand like a boss on that shifter

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have a 2006 vibe that is standard and has over 200 000km on it. 98% of the time my hand rests on the shifter with no issues since new. I know the rule is not to but I've never had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    Lol ghost quit finding excuses to rest your hand like a boss on that shifter

It's actually a pretty common misconception no harm will come from resting your hand on the shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    It's actually a pretty common misconception no harm will come from resting your hand on the shifter.
    I remember you warning me when I had the gt. I recall resting it on the shift knob then a bump came and it popped out of gear

Quote Originally Posted by cf105arrow View Post
    I have a 2006 vibe that is standard and has over 200 000km on it. 98% of the time my hand rests on the shifter with no issues since new. I know the rule is not to but I've never had any problems.
    Not uncommon to hear that either. Other end of the spectrum, my first Cobra had under 20k on it when purchased. Odd shift into second with a tic / grind turned out to be pad smoked right off the fork and the fork itself chewed up. On test drive, former owner firmly on shifter at all times. We get the odd lowish miler (100k or less) in with little wrong beside pads smoked off a fork or two.

Besides, your hands should be on the wheel, not on the shifter. Shift gears, hands back on the wheel. ....Dave.
    -Don____________