Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 949 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 449849899939945946947948949950951952953959999104914491949 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,490 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Co-worker had a fully automatic espresso machine that was not functioning. He brought it in to get service, shop said the machine needs a new water pump. At a cost of $450 including labour. Same machine new is $750. Co-worker said screw it and decided not to fix it. We got to talking, he told me the story. I told him to bring it in, let me fuck around with it. If I can fix it, we'll keep it here at work, if not it's garbage.

Saw a few videos on youtube to familiarize myself with this high tech thing. Ran the machine in "test mode" which tests all the moving parts everything seemed to work including the so called dead pump. But still it wouldn't pump the water!?!? So it got me thinking a possible blockage in a line or the pump. So I got a syringe with a rubber tube attached at the end. Hooked it up to the inlet that the water tray attaches too. Filled it with water, pushed down on the syringe, felt resistance and then the water pushed through. Filled the syringe again with water did a second pass, water went easily through. Put the water tank back in, hit the "go" button and out came the espresso, it worked! Did a few runs, descaled it and the machine is up and running again.

Go figure!

Nice fix.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    It's a pretty short list of substances that smell like manure. Bravo Mike 'Inspector Clouseau' Layton, you solved the mystery.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tery-1.4363604
    LMAO!

tulowd
    Judging a 22 team BBQ/Smoker Cook off in Texas today......the best ribs from each team get presented to the panel for tasting and commentary. Ought to be the best meal ever!

https://www.facebook.com/events/154545141699575/

Everything in TX is BIG!!

Now I’m hungry. ....and thirsty
    -Don____________

tulowd
    Ate 22 half ribs and scored them on presentation, flavour and texture. My pick for No 1 came in first, as did third. Second was my 12th, so we are in a little disagreement, lol

The ribs were pretty good, but not as good as the deep fried ones last night, nor the brisket or pastrami that had been soaking in brine for 21 days in our setup. Had some gumbo soup from a 40 liter cooker! This entire event is just nuts. Hundreds of pickup trucks (all new, mostly diesel and lifted) lined the street and parking area. A 12" lifted Duramax with 24s on 38s was at the front, and a similar F350 Platinum duallie sat by the first bbq pit. Probably 1000 ppl in attendance in total. Need a holiday from eating now.
    As I was leaving, the band played Tush by ZZ Top.....how fitting.

If you ever get a chance to go to Texas, you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by tulowd View Post
    Judging a 22 team BBQ/Smoker Cook off in Texas today......the best ribs from each team get presented to the panel for tasting and commentary. Ought to be the best meal ever!

https://www.facebook.com/events/154545141699575/

Everything in TX is BIG!!
    Damn Paul you must have some serious cred to be judging a Texas BBQ cook-off! I woulda never thought some damn hoser had any idea about BBQ.

But while I'm in here I'll tell y'all what I intended to, I'm sick, and sick of being sick! Started out as what the doc says "infection, no big deal", but that was on Tuesday and I had a 103 fever, took the meds and random counter crap, (Buckleys, new citran, Vic's, etc..., a few for sure) and I'm still having a damn dry cough which gives me a massive headache! Anyways, off to bed....

He showed pics of his lifted truck n big tires, they figured he must a local.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    He showed pics of his lifted truck n big tires, they figured he must a local.
    ^Proly looks like a power-wheel to them, lol.

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    Not very confidence inspiring in a car dealership when you email them to see if a vehicle is still available and they return an email confirming vehicle but price went up $3799.00 from the initial ad.

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver