Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,546
Page 975 of 2381 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659719729739749759769779789799851025107514751975 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,750 of 23808

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    ROCK AUTO.

Never ever even once again would I buy or suggest anyone else orders parts from there. To start with, parts came from two different warehouses so that meant shipping x 2. Add to that they packed heavy parts (brake drums) on top of fragile parts in a cobbled together box without any filler and you get a package with damage to virtually everything. Ok so not the end of the world right, shiat can happen. A glitch in their system when I bring up the order has me stumped how to proceed on reporting damage, numerous emails to cust service asking for help, get stock reply of please refer to the ordering page to report any problems. Round n round n round we go. Finally find a phone number via Google search, call and ask for customer service only to be told in a snotty voice (then hung up on) all communication must be done via email through the order page.
    And vendors wonder why customers get pushed to the brink and loose their collective minds!!!

PS, yes I agree all is fine when an order goes as it should, beware of when it doesn't. Google search of problems with Rock Auto suggests my experience is all too typical.
    Good prices but if you have an issue you can feel like you're out in the desert on your own.

Exactly that.
    Price is not worth the aggravation.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    Starting to wonder what hour next move is gonna have to be with the business.
    Been a year looking for a second delivery guy and can’t find someone who just wants to show up to work.

Tried paying one guy more and within a week has other employees bitching at me about him making as much as they were from the start.
    And it was for naught cuz he left after 2 months for more pay.

One more raise and my employees will be making almost as much as I am.

Can’t raise prices cuz then we won’t be competitive.

Seems like a vicious circle and no easy answer to it.
    That sucks - it's hard to find good talent these days even when compensation is good. I see a lot of small business financials and it seems a lot of folks are working pretty hard for what I consider to be not a lot of money.

Btw, how's your pup's arthritis/dysplasia?

Club Supporter
    Dang, Bitcoin is nuts!

The vet tried him on a different pill. Which is helping quite a bit. He is still no spring chicken but I don’t have to carry him up and down the stairs.

But the down side is the did a liver screening because the new pill can be hard on it. His liver is in rough shape. Something about the lining being too thin.
    There are drugs that MIGHT help but are crazy expensive.

So the pills that help his pain and movement will keep him comfortable but most likely shorten the rest of his life.
    And at his age the drugs to help that problem probably won’t help.
    He is more comfortable which is helping his interaction with the kids.

Mustang Occasionally
    Between your business, and family (dog), you sound like you have a lot on your plate, man. I hope you're able to find a light at the end of this tunnel. It sounds like a tough deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 92redragtop View Post
    Dang, Bitcoin is nuts!
    Insane.... 1 bitcoin = 10k usd

My buddy asked me to buy into it yeaaaars ago... I didnt and fuck do I feel stupid.

Hear about that 18 yr old kid in the UK that is a millionaire? Started with $1000
    '88 LX

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    Between your business, and family (dog), you sound like you have a lot on your plate, man. I hope you're able to find a light at the end of this tunnel. It sounds like a tough deal.
    I drink too much and probably why I’m so cranky on line all the time. Lol

Thanks though. Everything I put up with I do for my wife and kids. When I get to unwind and spend time with them it seems all worth it.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hsousa88 View Post
    Insane.... 1 bitcoin = 10k usd

My buddy asked me to buy into it yeaaaars ago... I didnt and fuck do I feel stupid.

Hear about that 18 yr old kid in the UK that is a millionaire? Started with $1000
    It shows as +$21K CAD each today. I was considering buying some last year when it dropped to under $1K but didn't. Looked at Ethereum too but that was already way up from 2016 prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legwound View Post
    a friend of mine gets a special med for his dog online. took some searching but what was crazy expensive he now gets for reasonable prices. Might be worth a search.
    There are great sources online for pet meds that don't have the crazy mark-ups like the vet's office.

Club Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    The vet tried him on a different pill. Which is helping quite a bit. He is still no spring chicken but I don’t have to carry him up and down the stairs.

But the down side is the did a liver screening because the new pill can be hard on it. His liver is in rough shape. Something about the lining being too thin.
    There are drugs that MIGHT help but are crazy expensive.

So the pills that help his pain and movement will keep him comfortable but most likely shorten the rest of his life.
    And at his age the drugs to help that problem probably won’t help.
    He is more comfortable which is helping his interaction with the kids.
    Yeah, one of our dogs was on phenobarb (for epilepsy) for several years but had to switch meds around age 10 due to build-up of bad liver enzymes. With the next one, her arthritis was pretty bad but the glucosamine kept her moving and off pharmaceuticals.