Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  33,625
Page 989 of 2384 FirstFirst ... 4898899399799859869879889899909919929939991039108914891989 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,890 of 23839

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Woke up this morning to no water in half the house!

Now got to get in the crawl space to thaw out what ever is frozen.

I LOVE WINTER..............NOT.
    That bites , this cold is not normal though , don’t remember this in my lifetime & spent many overnight shifts swapping frozen meters

Quote Originally Posted by Laffs View Post
    Think it's also a byproduct of the new job, short commute plus quite a bit more idling when I am using it during the day.

Also Rick, was your truck on the original battery? I keep one of those mini li-ion booster pack in my truck, seems like most people I know get 3 years from their Ram battery then it says adios.
    Covered under basic warranty, 3/60. Honestly I only remember ever changing one under warranty, even in this weather I don’t see issues with them, usually good for at least 5 years from my experience.
    Fiat batteries are crap though, change them all the time, lol.

^ Replaced yesterday under warranty. Spun over like a rock star this am. Suspect truck having sat for almost 7 months didn't help battery life.

Possible. If you leave a Fiat or Alfa Romeo for 7 months it will more than likely not hold a charge, odd for a Ram though, but 7 months is a long time to sit.

Yup sure is, not healthy for a battery to sit idle.

Awesome junior game , congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Screw View Post
    That bites , this cold is not normal though , don’t remember this in my lifetime & spent many overnight shifts swapping frozen meters
    Once down there simple fix. Someone, previous owner, had spray foam on one side of the pipes....left the side facing the cold wall exposed. I have some heat in the crawl space but it couldn't reach that one side. Also piled snow near the vents just to be sure the wind stays out; pretty fierce on the lake.

Thawed and working.

03svt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Once down there simple fix. Someone, previous owner, had spray foam on one side of the pipes....left the side facing the cold wall exposed. I have some heat in the crawl space but it couldn't reach that one side. Also piled snow near the vents just to be sure the wind stays out; pretty fierce on the lake.

Thawed and working.

Would something like this work for you?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/sea...ater:relevance

Pipe heating cable’s

That stuff is just so darn affordable these days, great product.

Quote Originally Posted by 03svt View Post
    Would something like this work for you?

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/sea...ater:relevance

Pipe heating cable’s
    It would, but the main issue is the direction of the wind and how cold it has been.

Lived here 10 years and only the second time this happened. The first time put the foam insulation around most of the pipes. Obviously I missed a spot plus I didn't realize this particular section was a problem. First glance tells you the pipe is insulated until you look at the back side and see it open. My crawl space is actually one of the nicer ones, gravel bed, 3 feet high and the furnace is hung from the rafters and does provide secondary heat. It was warm when I went down....just one problem area.
    Going to be in the low 40s F by Thursday here.