Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  71
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Depressed after selling My 04 Cobra

Yep...know that feeling well. Still have a huge regret of selling my first 67 Cougar back in 1986!!
    Mike

04 GT
    89 LX...bye-bye!!
    67 Cougar x 2...should have kept them!

I had my 'o4 yellow cobra(Bought new) for 5 years. For financial reasons I was forced to sell it at a ridiculously low price 3 months after
    I paid it off. Almost 10 years later I still regret it.
    On the other hand, I have a '17 GT. Factory stock it drives, handles and goes better than the Cobra, looks better and gets better mileage. But, there was something more raw, more "essence of automobile", cruder, perhaps, about the Cobra that makes me miss it.
    I'll never forget, though, being picked up by the police one day in the Cobra for the sheer pleasure of the officer just to look at the car and listen to me rev the Borlas.
    Or the time I was waiting at a stoplight when a young boy, crossing with his dad right in front of me stopped his dad, pointed at the car and screamed out "Daddy it's a Cobra!"
    1971 Avanti II,
    '89 Coupe, , 22 Bronco sport
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, , 96 Mustang GT vert

I hear you oldschool, I had an 04 Oxford White Cobra....and loved it....until a piston wrist pin broke.

I'm on my 7th Mustang now (08 Shelby GT500), and its likely my last....barring coming into a lot of money so I can by a 67 or 68 Shelby GT500...lol.

I followed up the 04 Cobra with a 12 Boss 302....so the Cobra's memory faded quickly. Definitely a favorite of the ones I've owned. I think like others have said here, getting yourself another Mustang will help with the regrets...especially one of the newer S197 or S550's.

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
    On the other hand, I have a '17 GT. Factory stock it drives, handles and goes better than the Cobra...
    That Cobra must have handled terrible then...

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    ^^ He heard you coming and made room for you Chris ^^ (only 2 passing areas)

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Grass = less friction than pavement = faster
    Plain white wrapper GT500 coupe
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar

Depressed after selling My 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    Grass = less friction than pavement = faster
    “Harry put on special tires”
    “Matched perfect and staggered special “

For short cuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver

Quote Originally Posted by 1BAD92LX View Post
    I've come up with a lot of reasons to sell my Fox and get a new Coyote, but I know I cant actually sell it.
    Now my car is in my wedding photos from this past summer. Not that I look at those photos a lot but it would be a constant reminder.
    Totally agree, I barely drive my 83 vert more than 4 or 5 times a summer now, but my son and I put it together, my son and his bride took their wedding photos in July 2015 with it, and last summer I took my 2 year old grandson for his first ride and local car show with it.
    I would have a lynching in my family if I ever decided to part with it. I would also miss it too!

But my sellers remorse is from 1978 when I had to sell a 1967 Mustang Fastback I could not afford on $1.85 an hour at my part time job. Had to pay insurance 1 year in advance back then.

Same story with my 2000 GT. Never easy to find a replacement.
    Moral to the story.....be really sure you want to sell your car before you list it or put it up for sale.

once u go coyote its hard to go back....that being said get yourself a coyote and enjoy.