Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • @ Tagging notification package only

0 0%
  • Quote notification package only

1 8.33%
  • Both software packages

1 8.33%
  • Don't install either. I like things the way they are.

10 83.33%

Thread: Tagging and Quote Notifications

Tagging and Quote Notifications

Following up on True Blue's suggestion with regard to the notifications when your username is tagged and/or when your post is quoted.
    I've done some quick research on the two functions. Neither is included in our version of vbulletin.
    There is a stable add on mod that could be installed into the forum that would enable the @ tagging. The cost would be $80 to the club to purchase the software.
    The quote notification add on is not an official package that I could find that make me a bit hesitant. If anyone knows of an official software package, let me know please.

Note that if either or both are installed, there is the possibility of the site slowing. Could be unnoticeable or perhaps more. It would all depend on the amount of posts as each post has to be scanned to look for a quote or tag in the post and then notify the appropriate member.

Would like to hear what you all think. I'll attach a poll to get your thoughts. I'll keep it live for a week and we'll go from there.

Thanks everyone!
    ~Scott B

I'd actually prefer if the "notifications" were for PMs only.
    As much as I like the "like" button, I don't feel like I need to be notified each time.

I'm old and cranky and don't like new things. At least that's how I read poll option "I like things the way they are."
    -Don____________

Yes, that is what I meant Don for #4. Made it more clear.
    ~Scott B

Super Moderator newbiestangowner's Avatar
    I like how things are- I often revisit the thread anyway ( if using laptop)- if not Tapatalk has a notifications button (phone)

2014 GT- MT 82, 3.73,Roush a/b, Forgestar f14 19x9/10 firestone firehawk indy 500- 255 F /285 R ,BMR springs sp009, pan hard, koni yellows ,m/m caster,
    MGW XSPEC low profile 2.625in throw
    slo turd 5.0, even slower driver