Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spacers 99-04 GT

Crazy1nvestor

Spacers 99-04 GT

What kind of spacers would be good to run on stock wheels on a 02?

I dont know what kind of wheels im looking for atm so spacers would get me through till at least late spring!

Thanks

I assume that you have stock 17x8 wheels for an 02 GT. Usually a 25mm spacer is enough but I am not a fan of spacers personally especially since there are so many great options for those cars in an 18x10 rear and 18 x 9 front.

A nice set of stock 17”x9 03/04 chrome rims would look awesome and can be found at relatively affordable prices if you look around.

Post pictures of your car as it may help provide you with more answers and feedback.
    FABMAN

Are you wanting to do spacers on the rear only to get the wheels out where they should be, or all around? From what I've seen, people will typically start with 1 or 1.25" spacers on the rear for a much improved look. Ideally use quality hubcentric spacers like H&R, EIbach, or similar.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Crazy1nvestor
    Im looking for rotiform wheels, but those will take 3 months to come in, so for now spacers will help me improve the look temporarily. I will get pics soon ! thanks

Crazy1nvestor
    Just for visuals, I dont drive it hard or anything crazy, literally just from work , to gym to home! Thanks ill look into it, where would I find used stuff for my car?

Looking for a short throw shifter
    Possibly new seats
    Set of wheels with or without rubber
    And MAYBE cobra front bumper (dont kill me)

I ran 25mm spacers on the rear axle of my 96 and my 06 for many years, with zero issues. As mentioned get a good quality hubcentric type and you will be good to go.

When using quality spacers properly torqued, yet to see anyone have an issue.
    Plus 1 on brands suggested by Ed.

Crazy1nvestor

Appreciated!

Hey guys thanks for all the advice, I ended up picking up a set of wheels and tire. I found another set I like better so Im going to list them on here and see if anyone wants a set!

Good deal.

As someone who's had a wheel come off a car and pass them due to this sort of thing, good call on not mucking about with spacers. Personally only time I like to use them is when they are the hubcentric type as mentioned, and the lug bolts/studs are replaced with ones elongated of the same length to ensure same amount of thread engagement.

Good luck with the rest of your mod plans, New Edge cars are fantastic platforms.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludacris View Post
    I'm Supercharged with the HideAway License Plate