Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  145
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard if Mustangs @ Mosport is a go for this year?

^^^^ Thanks. Wow....$649, that's quite a hike over previous years. Oh well....guess you have to pay to play. No question it is a blast though. There are some other clubs @ Mosport that offer lapping days, so might be worth some googling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armen View Post
    It’s an awesome event.

Alas... I can no longer attend. Silly convertible.
    Just takes a 4 pt. roll bar install and you're good to go. ;-)

Mustang Occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Stang View Post
    ^^^^ Thanks. Wow....$649, that's quite a hike over previous years. Oh well....guess you have to pay to play. No question it is a blast though. There are some other clubs @ Mosport that offer lapping days, so might be worth some googling.

- - - Updated - - -

Just takes a 4 pt. roll bar install and you're good to go. ;-)
    Nope. Not gonna do it for one event. Thought about it tho.

I did some lapping events outside the Mustang at Mosport. The higher fee brought less people out, those events are usually catered as well. The amount of free space laps and the on track time is amazing at the higher cost events.

The higher price is a draw back and makes it hard to swallow, but if you can swing it and are a track junkie, it has its pluses for sure.

I will miss the GHMA event, thank the volunteers for their efforts and how great is has been. I always enjoyed it and kept me looking forward to the next event
    On the bright side looks like my Most times towed off the track in one day record will stand supreme . LOL Damn car

$649 will get you most of the way to the entry for a proper 2 day school with the BMW Trillium club on the big track, and on a weekend to boot. For those who are even semi-serious about improving their driving skills, that would be a much better value ... some classroom theory and proper in-car coaching.

cheers
    Ed
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    $649 will get you most of the way to the entry for a proper 2 day school with the BMW Trillium club on the big track, and on a weekend to boot. For those who are even semi-serious about improving their driving skills, that would be a much better value ... some classroom theory and proper in-car coaching.

cheers
    Ed
    This is what I’m after.
    There are other groups that do the big track for much cheaper than $650. It’s disappointing the mustang group isn’t doing it anymore. It was a fun event
    Saleen 89-373....long gone....!!

Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post

cheers
    Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    This is what I’m after.
    There are other groups that do the big track for much cheaper than $650. It’s disappointing the mustang group isn’t doing it anymore. It was a fun event
    It would be fun if we could get a group of TMCers to agree on a date and attend a school together.

I would be in for that!!!!
    Stock engine Fox equipped with the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Now I have lots of Trick Flow stickers.

$650. That’s 5 track days at TMP. I know that’s apples and oranges, but....

Has there been any thought to renting the DDT?
    -Don____________

DDT isn't cheap to rent either since they gave it the full refresh a few years back ... you need about 45 people at around $250 - $300 each to cover the cost of a day there.

Peter Hanson has the dates for his schools for 2019 there set already, you can check them out on his site:

http://hansoninternationaldriving.com/
    12 GT500 coupe
    81 VW Scirocco S
    Instagram: ed._nicholson
    Your Ford dealer in the west GTA - Kennedy Ford Sales
    www.kennedyford.ca - please use the Kennedy Ford SVT TMC account for parts inquiries

This is my big beef with racing - it's seems there's still people that want to keep it to the elite and keep the average guy out - it shouldn't be that way - especially when we are encouraged to keep it off the street - I see a big opportunity for race tracks and the need for them, especially the way commuter vehicles are going - if it is more affordable, more people would come, the more people come the need for more tracks will increase - if I had the cash to invest or new how to attract investors I would pursue a race track business. I can see it being a viable venture - but you get people with money in the way that are bent on making things difficult for the average....
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works